Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Im back, after 5 months.OP Racoons from hell, omg.

So its been awhile since i played, over 5 months and i have noticed that a lot more wildlife has been added. When i stopped playing it was easier to kill animals. So i logged on today, the first time in 5 months and my camp was over run by horned raccoons. OMG they are very hard to kill actually i have yet to even coming close to killing one. So now im stuck i cant scavenge or even try to fish without getting killed by one. When i logged off 5 months ago i could kill bears with a good chance of surviving but i don't have a chance in hell on killing these racoons and with 4 or 5 of them around my camp im stuck not being able to do nothing without dieing. Am i the only one having trouble with this, is there something that im missing? Any help would be appreciated..

All animals are harder now.
    They are "spawns" isntead of breeding right now, so sounds like you live in a spawn of coons.
    You should type in /y to get help, Im sure there are a LOT of people willing to help you kill them for the boons and skin.

Also if you cant handle the wildlife you might want to move closer to where more people are.

Also, if they're horned, sounds like you have mutant ones..which are much tougher than regular ones...especially if you keep feeding them and they get older/stronger!

Following a questions I put to the developers, they answered that they will correct this. Noobs will have more hit points and the lower creatures will be easier to kill. It's just stupid having noobs be killed off by bunnies, pussy cats and other small creatures almost instantly. It's also doing damage to first impressions as well; as a couple of noobs have already quit out of frustration. Think balancing combat at noob and low level should be a priority.

hot tip: This is a sploit, but run the racoons down into shallow water where you can't kill them as they don't appear to fight back and just swim around you. I think this is allowed community wise as this is the developers fault that they made the creatures stupidly hard to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    hot tip: This is a sploit, but run the racoons down into shallow water where you can't kill them as they don't appear to fight back and just swim around you. I think this is allowed community wise as this is the developers fault that they made the creatures stupidly hard to kill.
    Its not an exploit, its a valid and encouraged by the guides/devs to do it this way. It was asked and answered in the dev Q&A if it was an exploit and Xsyon himself said no its a valid tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Its not an exploit, its a valid and encouraged by the guides/devs to do it this way. It was asked and answered in the dev Q&A if it was an exploit and Xsyon himself said no its a valid tactic.
    Really? I'm surprised by that when everyone seems to call me a cheater when I run bears down to the water to slaughter them?

Itrs frowned upon but, you do what ya gotta do to survive. This will be fixed in the coming pack though as animals will be able to attack in water.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrex View Post
    Itrs frowned upon but, you do what ya gotta do to survive. This will be fixed in the coming pack though as animals will be able to attack in water.
    As long as they balance noob against the lesser creatures then fine, but not before or they'll have rage quitting on mass by new born noobs. I nearly did as I honestly thought the developers were taking the piss on the mobs.

Yea its a bummer

yes can be very frustrating been getting owned out here, I would hate to leave because i did so much to the place.When the game first came out i lived near the lake but to much traffic and spam killing that i decided to move out in the wild. I managed to terraform a chunk of land 70 levels in the air over looking everything and a tent and campfire up there as well. took along time to make but now it looks like i will go back to the lake or join a big tribe if i want to survive. Them dam horned raccoons to of them are bigger than me.Them giant radioactive bastards lol.
    It does suck but at the same time there should be stuff out here hard to kill to give some of the better players a chance to have a good fight. I just wish there was a way to tell if i even have a chance to kill something instead of finding out the hard way

@ OP: Well, my best answer is that you get help from the community, or move closer to a place to have safety in numbers just like real life. Especially mutant coons, and people love the loot off them. But if you find it hard now I would buddy up now to help fortify your safety for when the Revenants (undead) come.

I sympathize with all of you the frustration of being too low skill to kill some of these creatures, but feel you should adapt your play style according to help better your survival. Just like life, it can be hard, but having partners can help bring the odds to be in your favor.

cheers!

@ Doowac: I think yes it would be cool to see some indicator if things are roughly within your difficulty range.