Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xsyon Fan Sites

Xsyon Fan Sites

Greetings Survivors!

We would love to hear about any Fan Sites the community is working on.

If you have a Fan Site, or know of one please post it below, and we will update the current List.

Once you're Fan Site has been added to the Current List, we will remove your Original Post, in an effort to keep this Thread clean.

Thank you.

I'm an internet marketer and web designer by trade. I could create a fan site, I just need ideas about why people would want to visit it? I could quite easily rank on the first page of google.com for 'xsyon' and in a few months rank for 'sandbox mmos'.

So people! What would you find useful?

A beginners guide?
    An interactive Xsyon map?
    Videos?
    News and opinions of recent Xsyon updates?

Feed me ideas and I might just do it

Truly a Great idea Ryan!

What I would want;
    - A beginners guide, pretty detailed, with instruction videos. (some are already on the internet, they just need written explanation)
    - Blog posts with updates, community videos etcetera
    - Database of Xsyon tribes, including region, and interest.

If you need any help, I sure can do that. I got Dutch servers up and running 24/7 so if you would like a host, im your guy!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanargu View Post
    I'm an internet marketer and web designer by trade. I could create a fan site, I just need ideas about why people would want to visit it? I could quite easily rank on the first page of google.com for 'xsyon' and in a few months rank for 'sandbox mmos'.

So people! What would you find useful?

A beginners guide?
    An interactive Xsyon map?
    Videos?
    News and opinions of recent Xsyon updates?

Feed me ideas and I might just do it
    I would like to see an in-depth Wiki type website...
    Item lists
    Maps
    Crafting break downs, i.e. I wanna make a shovel I need blah blah, and blah blah comes from this..
    Attribute break downs and what you have to do to raise them
    Compilation of what attributes are needed for what trade skill and what they do.. Searchable so I click " toolmaking" it tells me primary and secondary attributes needed, and what other skill would be a good fit around this...

That was off the top of my head will think of more...

Quote Originally Posted by zoria View Post
    Truly a Great idea Ryan!

What I would want;
    - A beginners guide, pretty detailed, with instruction videos. (some are already on the internet, they just need written explanation)
    - Blog posts with updates, community videos etcetera
    - Database of Xsyon tribes, including region, and interest.

If you need any help, I sure can do that. I got Dutch servers up and running 24/7 so if you would like a host, im your guy!
    That sounds good. I was thinking about the tribe database. It could include a map, leaders, link to their website recruitment page, etc.

I'm OK for hosting, but thanks for the offer. I can pretty much do all the back-end development.

Quote Originally Posted by lordadamar View Post
    I would like to see an in-depth Wiki type website...
    Item lists
    Maps
    Crafting break downs, i.e. I wanna make a shovel I need blah blah, and blah blah comes from this..
    Attribute break downs and what you have to do to raise them
    Compilation of what attributes are needed for what trade skill and what they do.. Searchable so I click " toolmaking" it tells me primary and secondary attributes needed, and what other skill would be a good fit around this...

That was off the top of my head will think of more...
    Great ideas, I would put attributes under(for example) professions > Woodcraft(info on this page about primary and secondary attributes, info about how it fits into the game, etc) > Items > Medium wood handle(break down of items needed to craft, links to items required to craft, etc)

Another idea is(for example) stats > fortitude(how fortitude affects your character, which professions improve fortitude and links to those professions)

Xsyon Citizen
    @wiki -> this is the current wiki

http://xsyonwiki.info/index.php?title=Category:Recipes

The guides said they wanted to start their own wiki ... not sure what happened to that

Quote Originally Posted by tomduril View Post
    @wiki -> this is the current wiki

http://xsyonwiki.info/index.php?title=Category:Recipes

The guides said they wanted to start their own wiki ... not sure what happened to that
    This wiki isnt the one done by Xsyon. Xsyon says they are doing one.

Also this wiki has lots of missing things not updated, and wrong in some cases.

Xsyon Citizen
    That is clear - I probably did not express myself clearly enough.

The wiki:
    http://xsyonwiki.info/index.php?title=Main_Page
    was/is maintained by players of Xsyon and gets from time to time attention by players. My last updates were in Dec. 2011 and now some players added info (leathercrafting) in June 2012 (see http://xsyonwiki.info/index.php?titl...hanges&days=30). Raguel wrote something about a "official" Xsyon Wiki some time ago - but no info about that was recently announced.

The fact that Xsyon is changing (which is good) - means also that the information in the wiki has to be updated - which is not always the case - also if you find some info there which is not correct - feel free to correct it

I still hope for an official wiki site - then the players that want to can help keep it up-to-date.

Greetings,

An Official Wiki site has been created.
    We're not ready to release it yet, as we need to make some alterations.
    But its about 90% ready.

ETA is by the end of July. But hopefully much sooner.

We will Announce it on the forums and email everyone once its ready for players input.

Thank you.