Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Kind of glad I missed it. But I agree with Prokop and DDT.

In a SANDBOX game there should not be many "themed" or hand held events by the GMs/Moderators.

Occasional events like the coming of the Revnants/Zombies would be a cool little thing to do. Show people what they look like what to look for and a bit of a surprise when dealing with them.

An event for the pushing back of the mist would be another one.

But just so people can PvP vs GMs on Alt toons that makes no sense in the current fluff of the game... well thats just idiotic.

Player run events with support from the GM staff is an idea that has worked in other games and in the past. Hell Roma Victor we had a in game yearly event in Erring (Celt village in the north). Where we had unarmed combat tournaments, armed tournaments, archery competitions, thrown competitions, hunting competitions, hell even a fishing competition.

We had a trial for a player who had seriously wronged two different tribes in game, that lead to a great RP event.

Even the Romas south of the wall had a few great events that I attended too. There were players that tried to crash them, but they were few and far between. The devs supported these events with the rare gift, or trophy, but mostly the players created the items that would be the prize.

So lets start letting the players run the events, and thus making it a SANDBOX!

Hell the Creator has had a couple of good ones, and a few off the wall ones. But I like his style of having not only combat but non-combat.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post

Also how does this change the fact that guides that pretty much pick and choose who they want to win an event or even worse just give them free items based on if they like them or not. Why do I care what other players get in the world?
    Well considering you have been the benefactor on this more times than not quit crying Willis. Or, is it, that 1 time in 10 you didn't have stuff randomly handed to you by guides or an event set up so that you could win, that even that makes you cry like a baby?

When guides hand out loot, or items to players because they "like them" or they feel they need them to help vs another tribe, there are issues.
    So are you planning to give back the items you have aquired this way, or again, are you just all talk?

On another note, is anything going to be done about DDT exploiting the rules of this event? You have 1 player that can't follow rules, then running you in the ground over it, when everyone else has no problems following the rules. I want something done about it or is it just favoritism to this 1 player?

All this talk about player run events and I have only seen 2 in the 6 months that I have actually been playing...... If you want player run events then people are going to have to start stepping up and putting them together rather then bitching about the events that we currently have in game. I rather have something then nothing. Sooooo shutup or put up.... quit bitching about it and do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrex View Post
    All this talk about player run events and I have only seen 2 in the 6 months that I have actually been playing...... If you want player run events then people are going to have to start stepping up and putting them together rather then bitching about the events that we currently have in game. I rather have something then nothing. Sooooo shutup or put up.... quit bitching about it and do something.
    I agree.

I'm sure the guides worked very hard to put this event together for our benefit and I believe it could have been a good one. The server problem is unfortunate, but I for one do appreciate their efforts

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I agree.

I'm sure the guides worked very hard to put this event together for our benefit and I believe it could have been a good one. The server problem is unfortunate, but I for one do appreciate their efforts
    This is true. But honestly I cant ever hold the guides or moderators responsible for failures of code or hardware on a server side.

I hope they fix these issues before the trial welcome back period. If they dont, it will be the death of Xsyon.

.... Many players or tribes dont like me or my tribe. That's politics. It creates drama and a dynamic player environment. When a guide tells your tribe or members they cant attack another tribe or player for no real reason, or a guide prevents PVP because of their personal views on the topic. There are major issues. When guides hand out loot, or items to players because they "like them" or they feel they need them to help vs another tribe, there are issues.
    Agree on that one.

Guides giving out master QL weapons, armor, tools etc to players that are new to the game, it breaks down the game economy and effects how players will play.
    Whats wrong that a new player got a reward if he/she won the reward???

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    This is true. But honestly I cant ever hold the guides or moderators responsible for failures of code or hardware on a server side.

I hope they fix these issues before the trial welcome back period. If they dont, it will be the death of Xsyon.
    NO it WONT.