Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tournus View Post
    It -is- the developers job to make sure the performance is on par. If a high-end rig cannot run the game at max setting and must settle for medium or low, how do you think a low mid-range to low end system will perform? You go to a bank to cash a check and the teller says, "I'm sorry, it'll only be ten minutes, the computer is processing your account information." Would that be okay? No.

Regardless of what is being rendered, how it is being rendered, and what algorithms are going on, acceptable performance is a must for any piece of software. It should be planned for in the development process. If an application is too slow, then a solution must be found. Lowering the settings is not an excuse if you have the proper hardware. Your car that is under warranty starts to make a terrible noise if you accelerate over 50 mph on the highway. You take it to the dealership and they say, "Well, do not go that fast on the highway." Would that be okay? No.

I understand that the team developing Xsyon is small and that they have other things to worry about. Right now the focus is on fixing gameplay. The point to be made here is that Xsyon still runs pretty bad and if they ever want to attempt to draw in others who are on the fence about the game or genre, then the performance must improve. Not everyone has an expensive piece of hardware (even with those who do, a large portion of them have only average framerates). Treyu is not just complaining about his rig. He is bringing up a valid technical problem which is that the performance is Xsyon is shoddy, effecting the potential size of Xsyon's player base, and the enjoyment of its end-users.

This game should not require high-end hardware, even at max settings. I really like this game's concept and wish it the best, but it has performance issues. Plain and simple.

Being an auto mechanic for 17 years before I went to school for game design, if your breaking in a new engine or a brand new car, you shouldn't be going on the free way and going 50-70 miles an hour to break in the engine, so using this is not a good way to show to some people lol...

Anyways I understand if he is having issues, but as far as the Devs go , which I know this part because I'm in the field and build games so when you have different systems and graphics cards to properly configure, and find out who is having the issues, and it could be a small % of people, and how often is it on the users end, they claim its not, and you find out it is the user.. I'm not saying Xsyon is perfect with the performance, but I do see the improvement, if its a game you love you will adjust the settings until they fix it....

Now I have played nearly every P2P MMO on the market, and most of them I end up adjusting settings to get it to run the way I want to, I find that funny how Mortal online saying how great your FPS is in that game because I have 3 machines 2 which are high end and the other it was high end 3 years ago, all of them run badly in that game but run nearly most games flawless after I switch up the settings.

Mortal online good luck even getting that thing to download right with out bugs and issues, I use The Unreal Engine for games, and its not hard to use and that company has no idea what there doing and to pick that engine for a game like Mo was a bad idea by that I can tell that lack the experince and by what I have seen they don't care, the Owner of the game is spoiled brat that has daddy giving him money to try and make a game that he has no idea what he is doing,
    Now we have Xsyon we have a team and a leader who tells us every move he makes, when he gets sick , or when he takes a crap, which I wouldn't tell gamers anything because they find anything to bitch about no matter what..

Gamers today find any reason to complain , if it was the perfect game that would complain and give no answer to why they are or advise or replys to what they want, because they just like to whine, I wish for one second gamers would start making even a small scale gamel Pacmanm Mario , what ever when your done , tell me if its perfect and see how many things can and will go wrong..

It gets old listening to people complain, advise , stop whining and just ask for advise on how to fix it, have patience, if you don't check back a year , or months later, because you just annoy the devs with your whining and they need to stay on track on what there doing.

Now if this was Earthrise, I could see you complaining, being a beta tester since Alpa, of ER, MO, and playing Xsyon since we could, and I use these 3 because there Indie's, Xsyon is the best one because the Devs care, they talk to us, and they patch alot, and try, they do not ignore us like Earthrise did, they do not lie to us like Mortal online does.
    Is Xsyon perfect again no, but atleast they try and inform us on what is going on and I'm sure Jordi knows there is issues, if you knew the back story of Xsyon, just maybe you would be more understanding, but being a gamer maybe not because some people want it there way or no way, which is another reason, New Devs refuse to make games like Xsyon, because of gamers acting like spoiled brats.

We will continue to see the WOW clones if gamers keep acting the way they do, give Devs just a little of respect.....

/RANT OFF.

By the way I had almost no lag for about 3 hrs of play, I just came back and its been pretty good, bugs very few so far... So I can see the improvements from beta, from release , and now, I can see they have done alot of work on the UI as well which I found to be appealing and a bit more polished then before which is a very good thing.

I see some things that need improving and I know they will do so, and Xsyon will be around I'm sure in years to come because they don't have publisher to worry about or huge teams, so that way they can continue to Develop the game that Jordi wanted to from the get go, I listen to a Podcast that Jordi did awhile back on my frienbs website and I can't wait to see the future plans he discussed during the cast, sounds awesome and by seeing the work they have done so far I'm sure in a years timeor even two we will see the game we all wanted , I know some want it all know but guess what shit happens..... Deal with it..

I have no problems with FPS.
    My machine is:

Intel CORE i7
    16 GB RAM
    Video card - GTX 560 1GB GDDR5
    Windows 7 64 bit

Game runs smooth

Quote Originally Posted by jefferysauto View Post
    Being an auto mechanic for 17 years before I went to school for game design, if your breaking in a new engine or a brand new car, you shouldn't be going on the free way and going 50-70 miles an hour to break in the engine, so using this is not a good way to show to some people lol...

Anyways I understand if he is having issues, but as far as the Devs go , which I know this part because I'm in the field and build games so when you have different systems and graphics cards to properly configure, and find out who is having the issues, and it could be a small % of people, and how often is it on the users end, they claim its not, and you find out it is the user.. I'm not saying Xsyon is perfect with the performance, but I do see the improvement, if its a game you love you will adjust the settings until they fix it....

Now I have played nearly every P2P MMO on the market, and most of them I end up adjusting settings to get it to run the way I want to, I find that funny how Mortal online saying how great your FPS is in that game because I have 3 machines 2 which are high end and the other it was high end 3 years ago, all of them run badly in that game but run nearly most games flawless after I switch up the settings.

Mortal online good luck even getting that thing to download right with out bugs and issues, I use The Unreal Engine for games, and its not hard to use and that company has no idea what there doing and to pick that engine for a game like Mo was a bad idea by that I can tell that lack the experince and by what I have seen they don't care, the Owner of the game is spoiled brat that has daddy giving him money to try and make a game that he has no idea what he is doing,
    Now we have Xsyon we have a team and a leader who tells us every move he makes, when he gets sick , or when he takes a crap, which I wouldn't tell gamers anything because they find anything to bitch about no matter what..

Gamers today find any reason to complain , if it was the perfect game that would complain and give no answer to why they are or advise or replys to what they want, because they just like to whine, I wish for one second gamers would start making even a small scale gamel Pacmanm Mario , what ever when your done , tell me if its perfect and see how many things can and will go wrong..

It gets old listening to people complain, advise , stop whining and just ask for advise on how to fix it, have patience, if you don't check back a year , or months later, because you just annoy the devs with your whining and they need to stay on track on what there doing.

Now if this was Earthrise, I could see you complaining, being a beta tester since Alpa, of ER, MO, and playing Xsyon since we could, and I use these 3 because there Indie's, Xsyon is the best one because the Devs care, they talk to us, and they patch alot, and try, they do not ignore us like Earthrise did, they do not lie to us like Mortal online does.
    Is Xsyon perfect again no, but atleast they try and inform us on what is going on and I'm sure Jordi knows there is issues, if you knew the back story of Xsyon, just maybe you would be more understanding, but being a gamer maybe not because some people want it there way or no way, which is another reason, New Devs refuse to make games like Xsyon, because of gamers acting like spoiled brats.

We will continue to see the WOW clones if gamers keep acting the way they do, give Devs just a little of respect.....

/RANT OFF.

By the way I had almost no lag for about 3 hrs of play, I just came back and its been pretty good, bugs very few so far... So I can see the improvements from beta, from release , and now, I can see they have done alot of work on the UI as well which I found to be appealing and a bit more polished then before which is a very good thing.

I see some things that need improving and I know they will do so, and Xsyon will be around I'm sure in years to come because they don't have publisher to worry about or huge teams, so that way they can continue to Develop the game that Jordi wanted to from the get go, I listen to a Podcast that Jordi did awhile back on my frienbs website and I can't wait to see the future plans he discussed during the cast, sounds awesome and by seeing the work they have done so far I'm sure in a years timeor even two we will see the game we all wanted , I know some want it all know but guess what shit happens..... Deal with it..
    Sorry but your post has NO sense for me in this discussion. I am not saying Xsyon is a bad game, or that Mortal Online is better. Just saying Xsyon still has performance issues while I don't have them in other games with much better graphics overall, and the Devs here should focus a bit on that before more players try the game, nothing more, nothing else. I am not comparing Mortal Online or Earthrise with Xsyon as games, in fact I think Xsyon is a much much better game. No one said Xsyon hasn't improved, all I was talking about was graphic performance. So well, thanks for posting and sharing another fanboy write

I think it was this statement that put most of us "Fanboys" off

Quote Originally Posted by treyu View Post
    I can't play the game that way, nor even try to see if it is any better.
    This disingenuous rant was not only unfair to the Xsyon developers but also to the community and any potential new players that may not even try the game now. I've been playing Xsyon for a year now and it runs just fine. To say You can't even play it this ways just makes you sound like a spoiled child. Sadly others will see this as a red flag and not even bother trying Xsyon since it has been labeled "Unplayable".

I was talking based on my own personal experience with the game. As I said, I have played it when it released as I was one of the people that pre-ordered the game, played for several months then left and checked lot of times till now. Everytime I returned, the same performance problems was there, sometimes better, sometimes worse, so for me this is one of the factors to make me decide to give a serious new chance to Xsyon or not. Till I see good performance, I won't. It is my decision based on my experience. Some months ago it was the combat, now that it is a bit better is the performance. Once this is fixed, I will need more pvp content.

same PC...No Problem with xsyon.

Same PC...No Problems with xsyon
    Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    I have no problems with FPS.
    My machine is:

Intel CORE i7
    16 GB RAM
    Video card - GTX 560 1GB GDDR5
    Windows 7 64 bit

Game runs smooth

JoeXXX, and Whorlok what FPS do you get? smooth is relative.

Also can you post a screenshot of your settings unless they are maxxed.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    JoeXXX, and Whorlok what FPS do you get? smooth is relative.

Also can you post a screenshot of your settings unless they are maxxed.
    Anything past 25FPS is smooth to the human eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    sorry Hodo but that is completely wrong. anything above 18FPS can seem like a fully fluid scene but and its a big but.....

Tests with Air force pilots have shown, that they could identify the plane on a flashed picture that was flashed only for 1/220th of a second.

that is recongnizing an aircraft at 220FPS

i personally can see upto about 80 FPS

the new Hobbit movie is filmed at 48 FPS and some HD programs are filmed upto 60FPS.

im afraid MrDDT is correct. it is completely relative to the individual

[URL="http://www.100fps.com/how_many_frames_can_humans_see.htm"]how_many_frames_can_humans_see

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    I would like to see what FPS they are getting. Ive seen people play at 15FPS and say its good. Ive seen people play with 100 FPS and say its bad. Number is better than saying "Oh mine is smooth"