Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I upgraded to Windows 7 and now I can't move.

Hi All, I need some help. I upgraded my machine to Windows 7 and now Xsyon won't run. Well it does run, but I can't get more than about 5fps. I uninstalled/reinstalled the video card, drivers, software, and the game. I updated windows until there were no more updates. I made sure to run everything as administrator. I turned down all the graphics settings in the game.

We tried Willow's account and it behaves the same on my machine.
    I logged into Vanguard and I am not seeing any issues there, so I don't think it is the graphics card. It almost seems like Xsyon is no longer recognizing the graphics card or something weird. I also tried Half Life and it runs fine.

So I am reaching out to all you Xsyon folks that are more computer savvy than me, which is pretty much all of you, LOL.

I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions. I have been at this all day. And I just wanna play. Thanks in advance.

What is the video card you are using?

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrex View Post
    What is the video card you are using?
    It is a Radeon 4890.. I think..

Did you remove the old drivers before installing the new ones? Its possible that Xsyon is referencing the non windows 7 driver instead of the new windows 7 driver. Just a thought really. Only other thing would be to remove Xsyon and re-install. I know it sounds crappy but you will probably spend more time troubleshooting then just removing and re-installing.

Yeah, Fyrex, that was pretty much it. Thanks for your feedback. Xsyon support also came to the same conclusion. Willowhawk spent hours and hours helping me to upgrade and install a new hard drive and getting it all working way better than it ever did. Willow rocks.

Thanks again for responding, we were at a loss for quite a while.

Ok you upgraded to 7, which 7? 64, or 32? How much RAM do you currently have.