Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
I fully agree that high supply (or volume) with weight make trade unfeasible in its current state. Doesnt mean it cant be fixed, and I'm not saying its easy to fix it. This is a major problem for a long time and needs to be looked at from the ground up.

EVE's a sandbox game with a system working just like I told you. I'm not really sure how you think its not similar. Is Xsyon similar to EVE's economy right now? Nope. I would like it to be closer to it, as I believe its a strong economy for a sandbox game. I also see ways of making Xsyon close to it. Starting with those things I listed.

Travel in Xsyon is a major issue. Lack of energy regen systems (resting is the only way, potions, buffs, healing stations etc).
Lack of a faster mode of travel other than sprinting which greatly effects your energy see above why that's a problem.
Weight of items and gear effecting your energy decay.
Lack of faster roads that are prebuild sure players can make the new faster roads but MANY issues with doing that on a larger scale.
No modes of travel with mounts or cars or planes or rail system, magical travel etc.

This travel and transportation issue needs to be addressed while also looking at limited local traded goods. (Much like EVE has). These limited local traded goods need to have and hold a value to players to want to have them and use them. Along with decay.
I will start by saying, Eve's economy system was built by a couple of people who have extensive experience and degrees in finance, economics, and global markets, unlike Xsyon.

There could be much that could be learned by this system in Eve by several "sandbox" MMOs.

The problems are as you mentioned several fold. We do need a beast of burden system, draft animals or just taming so we can do those things, that will help lift the problem. Otherwise we end up with the Roma Victor problem of people staying on their home boards and just creating alt accounts to make things they cant make or need. Which does the oppossite of promoting trade.

While I am opposed to having a trade fair every 3 days or on "founders isle" everytime. I am not oppossed, to the guide supported fast travel system, until we get mounts or draft animals to make transporting items a bit faster.

Currently if I were to run strait line from where I live in the southwest with a cart, 40-60min of travel to get to IS-Bootcamp location, about 60-90min of travel to the Mercs location. And thats because there are no roads that are near me, and many mountains that I can not get a cart over.

So I suggest the next big dev push should be fixing these issues.
-Draft animals and or mounts
-rarer resources for crafting and trade
-Cart security and structure rental

With those three things the economy will have the most basic level of what is needed to get the ball rolling on its own.

Right now there are to many common resource items, the quality of resources isnt dependant on where you are but on your skill, which should have some affect on things, but the location should have a larger affect. In the wonderful real world, Washington Granite is better than Morrocan granite. Not all granite sources are equal, not all limestone is equal, not all timber is equal.