Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Alright, one other question. When will totems get removed? I just love a plot of land, which is currently claimed by another tribe. I would definitely take the efford to move everything I have up there.

Quote Originally Posted by prokop15 View Post
    So you recognize that players aren't seeing any goal, you recognize that builders have no purpose other than to build aesthetic structures in the world, yet you're excited for totem decay to be implemented?

You know, people DO actually quit games for months at a time, long enough for their totem to decay and for them to lose all of the time they just spent building. With architecture especially, that's a LOT of time, and planning, and work. You value that now, even when your buildings serve no purpose at all... imagine when they're actually useful.

http://highlightsdevel.own3d.tv/Bearodactyl/watch/88576

Few people quit for months and come back to a game expecting all their buildings in an MMO world to be there still. If they were part of an active tribe I could see them expecting them to be there still, but Ive played other games like Shadowbane, Wurm and Darkfall and if a tribe (or clan) left for months they would NOT expect all their cities and lands to be owned by them still.

It is a lot of time, however, I don't see why or how a player or tribe that left for months would believe they would have all their stuff when they got back, even more so when they were told if they did it wouldnt.

The video you linked is griefing, however, its was able to be done because of the person being griefed didn't know how to play and left the logs in a place where they could be taken. This really is not much of a griefing video as it can be easily avoided by putting your stuff in a safe place.

Quote Originally Posted by prokop15 View Post
    1. This is still prelude, the phase where we were supposedly supposed to create the world.
    2. In those games, buildings had a use. The effort invested in them was payed back with functionality.. people felt it fair to lose what had already served them.
    3. People do quit for months at a time... see Brando and his band of military men.

People dont normally quit games for months at a time. The reason so many quit this game for months at a time is because the game was broken, not because they all said "Hey lets take a 5 month break and come back because we are having too much fun".

If the game was fun and working correctly at release you would have seen that people normally dont quit for months at a time its a very small % and most would understand if they didnt have their lands when they got back.

Creating a world doesnt mean the players have to own everything they create. I know Zima has made like 10 tribe areas and left them. Its part of creating the world.

Buildings should have a use and I agree its part of this problem.