Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Totem Decay (Working?)

- Deserted - At this stage bins and bundles left on the ground will be accessible to other players and the tribe will not be a safe zone.

Totems are supposed to be decaying. Ive seen totems with this decay on them, yet we cant loot from bins on the totem.

When is totem decay going to be turned on and working?

Once the free time period ends, Xsyon will enter a totem decay phase. Totems not marked active and without any active players will become abandoned one week after the free time ends. During this phase the following important changes will happen

· Abandoned totems will decay and be removed, freeing up claimed lands and any buildings and containers on these lands. Totems will be marked as abandoned if no player in thetribe is active or subscribed. Keeping an active subscription will protect atotem from being removed.

· All containers,resources and buildings on public land will be accessible by all players.

· Revenants will appear throughout the world at abandoned tribe locations. Revenants will be aggressive creatures with the ability to loot players.
    Starting Friday May 18 we will be giving players a 10 day free pass to join us in Xsyon!

Free time will be available for inactive past subscribers in groups over the course of a few weeks. You will receive another email with the exact dates when Xsyon will become available to you. Free time will occur over the course of five weeks.
    So...July 1st, give or take a day. It's amazing that someone who spends as much time as you do on the forums couldn't find that information...

Taken from http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...nd-Totem-Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Shill View Post
    So...July 1st, give or take a day. It's amazing that someone who spends as much time as you do on the forums couldn't find that information...

Maybe I'm confused. 18th of May + 10 days = 28th of May. So now we have to wait 5 weeks after people gets their free time?

So its not based on each person's free time its based when everyone is done with free time? So we are talking over another month still. Great.

Thanks for the heads up Shill.

I guess they will reset all the totems at that point also.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Maybe I'm confused. 18th of May + 10 days = 28th of May. So now we have to wait 5 weeks after people gets their free time?

So its not based on each person's free time its based when everyone is done with free time? So we are talking over another month still. Great.

Thanks for the heads up Shill.

I guess they will reset all the totems at that point also.
    I know it sucks, but I am getting used to disappointments, after 34+ years, several years in the Army, and Fox canceling Firefly, I have come to expect disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    and Fox canceling Firefly.
    (Off topic I know but..) yeah what's the matter with them? That was such a great show!! "Jericho" was another one

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    (Off topic I know but..) yeah what's the matter with them? That was such a great show!! "Jericho" was another one
    Oh dont even get me started on Jericho! If only Sci-Fi channel were smart they would have picked those shows when they were fresh. Seeing as they are SCI-FI, and they would be bigger than the big 3. Instead of the barely B rated junk that ends up on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shill View Post

Comprehension levels, just because he is on here all day doesn't mean he has to have a clue...

Xsyon Citizen
    About Hopi - I have been there (its really close) - and that is really a space I want to explore - however at that time a HUGE blackplate bear and some other mutated creatures where also lurking around there - so after death I left...

And about "keeping your stuff forever" ... I had(have) a level 80 char in Wow - yes I could resub and all the stuff will be there (even in my 3 twink guild banks) - but (important but!!) - its worthless now, as the game has evolved (or devolved). I dont play (or pay) anymore because I dont mind... *and* my inactive chars and the guild banks do not influence the game experience of the other players!

In Xsyon its different! The claims to some of the spaces are really annoying - dead structures /half setup tribe areas and lots (and lots and lots) of homesteads that "claim" the best places in the known world. I believe that the totem decay will increase the immersion of the game!

Think about it - at the start of the game the world was virtually empty - people that survived the apocalypse started to build up again - some of them got lost/ were eaten by raccons or rats, some of them could not bear (no pun intended) the bare land and the hard work they were facing and they have gone into the green mist to disappear.

So all this started places are now open to the remaining survivors, they can build upon what "they who have gone" have started - plus the world is now truly apocalyptic

And Xsyon (the game developer) gave everyone a chance to claim what they want to keep (strangly the stuff you carry is gone when you logoff - and reapears when you login) now its time to decay the magic that protected the land and to make sure that the magic protection of the totem needs an upkeep (currently its an subscription, but that can change...).

Magic seems to have a connection to the payments - but who can really say? (its magic ... so dont try to argue about it!!!)

The totem decay is a long awaited feature, it has been properly adressed and communicated and now its going to start. Games change and thats part of the fun - if you dont like changing games - play "Tetris"

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by tomduril View Post

And about "keeping your stuff forever" ... I had(have) a level 80 char in Wow - yes I could resub and all the stuff will be there (even in my 3 twink guild banks) - but (important but!!) - its worthless now, as the game has evolved (or devolved). I dont play (or pay) anymore because I dont mind... *and* my inactive chars and the guild banks do not influence the game experience of the other players!

Your own words ^^^^

And Xsyon (the game developer) gave everyone a chance to claim what they want to keep (strangly the stuff you carry is gone when you logoff - and reapears when you login) now its time to decay the magic that protected the land and to make sure that the magic protection of the totem needs an upkeep (currently its an subscription, but that can change...).
    You answer your own question.
    Xsyon is a sandbox game, but how come it has limits to do what I want?
    Limiting skills is not a part of a sand box it is more like a monopoly.
    Learning running you suddenly forget how to walk or swim and so on.
    When fishing what is the difference between low quality carp and high quality carp? "for example".
    And from my own experience what ever I've learned in my life I don't forget, it's more like how you spent your time, you can master it all if you dedicate your life in to it and live forever.

Now about totem decay, instead of looting other tribes, would it be better for abandoned tribes turn to new scavenged areas with higher chance of rares? isn't what happened to lost civilization? and now you have lots of rubble piles to scavenge.

Quote Originally Posted by prokop15 View Post
    You said you feel totem decay is needed, but why? Totem decay nothing to do with resources right now, and Jordi has said nothing to that effect.
    You know what would give a reason to have walls? Removing the totem mechanic from the game all together. That way walls are required to make safe land, and all land is at-risk of being lost, not just the land of those who aren't paying for the game (woo immersion!).

You know whats a good way to turn off new players and returning players to your overpriced game? Tell them that you will effectively delete everything but their character unless they keep paying indefinitely. Imagine if you lost all your ships and ISK if you unsubbed EVE.

Players complaints are going to go from "The world is too crowded" to "the world is too empty" overnight with this change. Speaking of resources, this should bring in a fair amount of resources into the game world that would otherwise be inactive, which means more dilution of value.

Totem decay is the lost of resources, and the control over area of resources thats that it does. It would also if you read my post allow for the option of paying resources to upkeep a totem. Both of those things have a major effect on resources.
    They should also have decay on baskets, removing a lot of old resources out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    MrDDT? how many people really came back after announcing totem decay?
    Exactly!!!
    Isn't that what I told you before?
    You will never force people to play the way you wanted, people need freedom of choice not being told to do this or that.
    Why don't Xsyon just delete clean a whole world and let you start with new one? You will have a lot of unclaimed land, because those people aren't coming back period.

Don't worry about my tribe there is nothing left to pick on, everything is destroyed.
    Exactly? I have no idea, because its not in the game yet. Can you tell me exactly how many are doing anything in Xsyon? On top of that I believe it was poorly done on how it was done.
    I dont see how people loose freedom here unless you believe them logging off for a month+ and not having their totems means everyone quits.

You act like people are quitting the game because they are losing the their totem, that doesnt even make sense.

Personally, I doubt I will even care about the resources other old tribes have, as resources have changed.
    Now they have bonuses based on skill.

Older tribes to me have nothing really I want. I might go looking for nails or screws but really after having 100s of thousands of them I dont see the point.

The game to me has got stale because they dont have content for people after they get past the "I build up a tribe for what reason?" stage.

I solo everything in game with ease. (Max level shadowbears give me a slight problem only because of the desync in the game in combat)
    I see nothing to work forward for, where are the group challenges or goals? We built a huge tribe and my tribe members are asking why?