SELL ME Xyson Players

I love Sandboxes and MMO's period....

But I hate investing time and money into INDIE games that have big promises and servers go down...

Im looking at this game, reading forums Dev notes and Patches. It sounds like a straight up Beta test with 10 year old graphics ( Everquest 1 era ) not that I mind slightly dated graphics...

Im seriously having a hard time with paying $40 to even try out a Digital DL MMO.

SO I ask again sell me.....

I have played nearly every INDIE and Big publisher MMO sense 1999 and have alpha /beta tested 80% of them... And Have never paid to play a prelude/beta

Why should I spend $40 to play this game. thats still under major development...

Smile

First of all, the servers won't go down. There is not a single indication that Xsyon is having trouble keeping there servers online. In fact, the development team is currently gathering even more funds to promote Xsyon and Expand it's developmentteam.

Secondly, the graphics arent awsome in any way, but they do the trick completely. There is much detail put into realism and less detail put into models, it's a matter of taste and in my opinion not game breaking at all. The game has it's own character in regard to graphics.

Well the thing is, Xsyon is on development, but so is any mmorpg. There are always things that could do better, and could get improved, but the foundations of Xsyon have been forged the last couple of years and they are currently expanding these foundations into a really great building. I like the fact that Xsyon changes every now and then, it keeps it fresh and challenging.

About the 40$ entry fee, for me it was worth every pennie. Whether or not you like the current beta state, with that 40$ you can be a part of a community very involved in every action the development team makes. If you don't feel like spending 40$ on the game, see it as an investment in a great future!

So, well, please go play and see for yourself. I am more than willingly to help you out everywhere I can. Ask for lars in General, and ill be there!

Ahh, one more thing, you already have played many sandbox games but I would like to let you know that the game isn't easy at first, it takes some time to get into it and to gather knowledge about how the system works. But as soon as you do get into it, you'll be sold forever.

I just started the game recently myself. I put a lot of thought into my purchase, did a lot of reading, watched some vids, etc.

I've played ALL of the 3d sandbox games out there. Darkfall, MO, Fallen Earth, WURM, A Tale In The Desert, Istaria, Minecraft, you name it. Xsyon...IMO...has the most potential to become the realistic virtual world that I am looking for out of any of them.

Now that I am actually in the game, I have to say that the graphics aren't that bad once you crank everything all the way up. My only real beef would be with some draw-ins at far distances, and some wierd artifacting on the water surfaces sometimes.

The game as it stands is a bit frustrating and cruel to new players. Which I expected, and rather enjoy. Starting a fresh life in the wilderness with nothing but a few basic tools SHOULD be challenging. I realise that I could have joined a tribe right off the bat and saved myself a lot of that frustration....but I wanted to make my own way at first for a while, and then maybe join up with a group of players once I actually had something to offer to a community.

Just a warning though....no matter how harmless an animal might appear ("oh look! a wild hamster! how cute!!") they are NOT. Don't go AFK....you never know when some random rodent will run up and chew your face off. My only real gripe with the game now, actually....that and the abandoned homesteads everywhere (which should be remedied soon with totem decay).

Quote Originally Posted by Wharmaster View Post
    I just started the game recently myself. I put a lot of thought into my purchase, did a lot of reading, watched some vids, etc.

I've played ALL of the 3d sandbox games out there. Darkfall, MO, Fallen Earth, WURM, A Tale In The Desert, Istaria, Minecraft, you name it. Xsyon...IMO...has the most potential to become the realistic virtual world that I am looking for out of any of them.

Now that I am actually in the game, I have to say that the graphics aren't that bad once you crank everything all the way up. My only real beef would be with some draw-ins at far distances, and some wierd artifacting on the water surfaces sometimes.

The game as it stands is a bit frustrating and cruel to new players. Which I expected, and rather enjoy. Starting a fresh life in the wilderness with nothing but a few basic tools SHOULD be challenging. I realise that I could have joined a tribe right off the bat and saved myself a lot of that frustration....but I wanted to make my own way at first for a while, and then maybe join up with a group of players once I actually had something to offer to a community.

Just a warning though....no matter how harmless an animal might appear ("oh look! a wild hamster! how cute!!") they are NOT. Don't go AFK....you never know when some random rodent will run up and chew your face off. My only real gripe with the game now, actually....that and the abandoned homesteads everywhere (which should be remedied soon with totem decay).
    Nice review and I agree.

As for the game, there's plenty to do! I have returned after 1 year away, the game has improved immensely.

I dont think smaller animals should aggro myslefe unless there mutant but if a new player runs off on there own and gets there butt handed to them by animals then they should A.tough it out and beef up or B. Join a tribe or at least a spot with a few people.One of the problems us vet players have is not enough tough animals for us and a lot of in and out of the game players complain they get killed a lot of they make animals weak. But like I said they should just make the small animals not aggro and I see no reason that makes sense for a new player to complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by unclean666 View Post

I dont think smaller animals should aggro myslefe unless there mutant but if a new player runs off on there own and gets there butt handed to them by animals then they should A.tough it out and beef up or B. Join a tribe or at least a spot with a few people.One of the problems us vet players have is not enough tough animals for us and a lot of in and out of the game players complain they get killed a lot of they make animals weak. But like I said they should just make the small animals not aggro and I see no reason that makes sense for a new player to complain about it.
    well yeah, there should be a challenge for vet players. Larger animals, mutants, etc. Going out scavenging for the millionth time searching for an Old Saw Blade and getting mauled by a pair of ground squirrels is just idiotic. Small animals should not aggro, IMO.

Yep i agree 100% about small animals idk why they do.....unless like i said they turned mutant

Added after 1 12 minutes:

DOH I used this account by misstake.......sigh there goes my 0 post count