Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Totem Decay (Working?)

- Deserted - At this stage bins and bundles left on the ground will be accessible to other players and the tribe will not be a safe zone.

Totems are supposed to be decaying. Ive seen totems with this decay on them, yet we cant loot from bins on the totem.

When is totem decay going to be turned on and working?

Once the free time period ends, Xsyon will enter a totem decay phase. Totems not marked active and without any active players will become abandoned one week after the free time ends. During this phase the following important changes will happen

· Abandoned totems will decay and be removed, freeing up claimed lands and any buildings and containers on these lands. Totems will be marked as abandoned if no player in thetribe is active or subscribed. Keeping an active subscription will protect atotem from being removed.

· All containers,resources and buildings on public land will be accessible by all players.

· Revenants will appear throughout the world at abandoned tribe locations. Revenants will be aggressive creatures with the ability to loot players.
    Starting Friday May 18 we will be giving players a 10 day free pass to join us in Xsyon!

Free time will be available for inactive past subscribers in groups over the course of a few weeks. You will receive another email with the exact dates when Xsyon will become available to you. Free time will occur over the course of five weeks.
    So...July 1st, give or take a day. It's amazing that someone who spends as much time as you do on the forums couldn't find that information...

Taken from http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...nd-Totem-Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Shill View Post
    So...July 1st, give or take a day. It's amazing that someone who spends as much time as you do on the forums couldn't find that information...

Taken from http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...nd-Totem-Decay

Maybe I'm confused. 18th of May + 10 days = 28th of May. So now we have to wait 5 weeks after people gets their free time?

So its not based on each person's free time its based when everyone is done with free time? So we are talking over another month still. Great.

Thanks for the heads up Shill.

I guess they will reset all the totems at that point also.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Maybe I'm confused. 18th of May + 10 days = 28th of May. So now we have to wait 5 weeks after people gets their free time?

So its not based on each person's free time its based when everyone is done with free time? So we are talking over another month still. Great.

Thanks for the heads up Shill.

I guess they will reset all the totems at that point also.
    I know it sucks, but I am getting used to disappointments, after 34+ years, several years in the Army, and Fox canceling Firefly, I have come to expect disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    and Fox canceling Firefly.
    (Off topic I know but..) yeah what's the matter with them? That was such a great show!! "Jericho" was another one

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    (Off topic I know but..) yeah what's the matter with them? That was such a great show!! "Jericho" was another one
    Oh dont even get me started on Jericho! If only Sci-Fi channel were smart they would have picked those shows when they were fresh. Seeing as they are SCI-FI, and they would be bigger than the big 3. Instead of the barely B rated junk that ends up on there.

Fox just dont like Sci fi. I suppose its too thought-provoking, its against their raison d'etre.

Im getting my free time tomorrow, be afraid, be very afraid.

I have seen some forts open and have found bin that are open. They may have been abandoned.Even near you fort MrDDT.One bin had some your tools in it.that had someone else basket name.I dint take them they still there with some other baskets.

Back on topic a little (lol) - they said at the end of the free time, which was like June 24th, so June 24th + one week. Then we can go shopping

I was going to make a new thread about my comments on my "free time". I will just leave them here as the topic is most relevant.

I had fun. . I like some of the changes. . I was very interested to play again. . but.

Totems and abandoned yet claimed land everywhere. I would have much rather had my free time [U]after[U] the decay was finished. I spent most of my time looking for a suitable spot to build since I re-rolled. I don't think letting people trial the game again will be as useful if they run into the same issue.