Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Have I found the one game to rule them all?

Hello,

It's been a long time since I started looking for a game that doesn't follow the games we have today. I look for something like UO T2A. A game where you have freedom, where your actions count and where you actually fear your character's death. Well.. Xsyon looks like it!!

My main question is: How many players do I expect to see online while I'm playing? I've read lots of threads, but they're from February or so... I'd like to know how is the game today. Is it losing players? Or is it getting more and more players?

How's PVP today? Do I expect to find some nice fights on the roads, or is it everything safe, making the free loot pointless?

Sorry for "yet another how's the game question"... But I'm kinda excited about this one.

Thanks in advance
    André Rosa

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but I think you are asking the questions lots of others have asked and been answered.

Population is very low, (less than 50 online at once).
    People dont fear of their characters death, in fact many people use that as the "death port" or express travel to get back home.

PVP? You wont find any unless you bring a friend to spar with, roads are pretty much safe from PVP for 3 reasons, 1) Lack of people playing, and 2) No reason to kill someone else as their loot is about worthless, and 3) Almost impossible to find someone, you pretty much have to really get lucky (or they were unlucky).

I hope with the upcoming changes, and updates (Zombies, maybe even fixing AI) the population will grow.

Xsyon is my dream game, however, its still in a dream state sadly.

Thank you for the prompt answer.
    I do know many have asked these questions, but I could only find threads from months ago... I asked again to know if something has changed... but it seems not.
    It's sad to know that this game isn't one of the best games only because there are few people playing.

If you have the spare money go for it. It is certainly different from other games.. and (overused line inc) has lots of potential

Cool

Well, I've bought the game. Trying to learn it now... I guess 3 other friends will join me soon.

Thank you for the answers to my questions! I'll see you there

I am considering buying the game as well. Low population doesn't bother me as long as some kind of population is consistent. I liked Wurm Online for its sandbox features, but the lack of animations or character customization drove me insane. So, after checking out some Xsyon videos, it looks fairly decent. Hopefully the devs are able to stick to their goals they posted.

The only thing the game really seems to be missing currently is agricultural farming. Which is really important if one is going to create a game environment based on survival.

Quote Originally Posted by McGamer View Post
    I am considering buying the game as well. Low population doesn't bother me as long as some kind of population is consistent. I liked Wurm Online for its sandbox features, but the lack of animations or character customization drove me insane. So, after checking out some Xsyon videos, it looks fairly decent. Hopefully the devs are able to stick to their goals they posted.

The only thing the game really seems to be missing currently is agricultural farming. Which is really important if one is going to create a game environment based on survival.
    It's missing cooking and archery too, but those are real close on the list of things to be implemented. When I can shoot and cook an animal, I'll be happy.

I've been playing about three weeks now. I personally love this game. I don't mind the small population, because it feels like a community. There are some great people in this Xsyon's community, and it gives the definate effect of "quality over quanitity".

Quote Originally Posted by Wharmaster View Post
    It's missing cooking and archery too, but those are real close on the list of things to be implemented. When I can shoot and cook an animal, I'll be happy.

I've been playing about three weeks now. I personally love this game. I don't mind the small population, because it feels like a community. There are some great people in this Xsyon's community, and it gives the definate effect of "quality over quanitity".

I dont mind a small community, but you have to ask yourself why is there only 10 to 20 people online at once?
    Also 10 to 20 people is not even an MMO in my book.

This game is my dream game with the features list in the game and working. I'm waiting for this to happen before telling people "Hey check this game out"

Ah I must of missed the missing cooking feature or I would have mentioned that as well. Hopefully when they get around to adding mounts, they might add some boats and wagons as well. It may seem cliche' but this game looks to have the best potential for being the most well-rounded sandbox mmo.