Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: WhassUP, now?

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    @ MrDDT.
    It is a good start.
    On the loot part, instead of looting player items, I'd rather see system with random rare loot, which will encourage more people to pvp for those things, which will be available through pvp only, without a fear of loosing their own gear, and pve should have own loot tables, so at the end of the day, everyone wins and feel happy.

I understand you dont want PVP, and you are afraid to lose your items. But just think people have overcome that fear because items are just that items. You earned them once you and earn them again. This isnt WOW where items take years to get with a lucky loot roll after killing an epic boss. Items here are mostly easy to replace, and if you cant easy replace them use a lower item until you can.

If you have items that you are afraid to lose, then dont use those items in times when you might lose them.

You know you cant please every one right?
    Lets just use your "everyone wins and feels happy".

What if you have playerA who doesnt like to lose items on PVP deaths.
    What if you have playerB who doesnt care about losing items on PVP deaths.
    What if you have playerC who only cares about taking playerA or playerB's items on the win.

You cant please all 3 of those players.
    playerA 's ideas are causing issues with economy
    playerB 's ideas shows an issue with the economy
    playerC 's ideas are causing issues with playerA's gameplay.

That is just a very limited break down for you. I can go more in-depth but I see no real reason too.

Just FYI PVE already has a loot table.
    PVP has full loot.

I would rather see a system with less random rare loot that is contested. I see no reason to have "random" loot.
    The looting of the other players in PVP is very common, why you loot in a sandbox game is to cause a resource drain on the enemy forcing them to back off, or expend more resources to keep fighting. If there were no loss of items in PVP, you would need larger losses in other way else everyone would be killing everyone and no one would care if they died or not.

An idea. Xsyon mentioned that there is going to be tribes beyond the green mist that we can trade with???
    Any ideas how is that going to work??

I think instead of progress bar, we need a certain timer on crafting.
    For example: Let say making a grass twine.
    Right now it takes about 3 seconds to do it.
    What if we had this:
    Player A is a noob. For player A it takes 25 seconds to do a twine, but without a "progress bar", instead the player can stop, or continue the craft at his/her own will. Once the player A acquire a shop, he/she now can produce the twine at 10 seconds.
    When the player A down the road upgrades a shop, now he/she can produce a twine at 3 seconds.

Instead of the grind, make the items longer to produce to get the same results.
    I like some what how is done in EVE, or in Perpetuum

Xsyon Citizen
    DDT?
    The reason why I am representing this idea is because with a fool loot in a group fight a noob could loot your gear and you are going to end-up fighting naked or brake off a fight to get new gear, it's not a professional pvp, and you can't keep an extra gear on you to put it on.
    I understand your concern about an economy, there is another way to keep it going like loosing integrity of that gear each time it is hit " depends on which part of that gear is hit, vest, gloves, helmet, etc, etc ", plus consumables which you need to have on you in order to fight effectively, weapons get dull.
    Gear could have normal wear and combat wear and so dose weapons.
    I would not recommend death penalty on items because of weight problem, rather on some xp just so there is a penalty.

DDT?
    The reason why I am representing this idea is because with a fool loot in a group fight a noob could loot your gear and you are going to end-up fighting naked or brake off a fight to get new gear, it's not a professional pvp, and you can't keep an extra gear on you to put it on.
    I understand your concern about an economy, there is another way to keep it going like loosing integrity of that gear each time it is hit " depends on which part of that gear is hit, vest, gloves, helmet, etc, etc ", plus consumables which you need to have on you in order to fight effectively, weapons get dull.
    I would not recommend death penalty on items because of weight problem, rather on some xp just so there is a penalty.
    In professional PvP, there is no respawning. You are dead, till the match is over.

I know professional PvPers, they play other games, much like we have suggested you do. I thought you left to go play CS:S? I guess they didnt change the game to fit your whims either so you came back here to cry more.

DDT?

Reason why I don't like XP being the penalty is because then players are forced to keep regrinding skills. I know you don't like that, I dont like that, other players don't like that. So permanent loss of skills is not an option. (Even Xsyon himself said its not an option)

About a noob could loot your gear. How is a noob going to loot your gear? If you die, you should consider your gear gone.
    Carrying a second set? You wouldnt need to carry a second set you would need to have a second set wherever you respawn (Your totem AKA your house). Your respawn point is a 100% safe area. If you want to craft new items you were missing or take your time gearing up you could do that. You should also run back out to the fight and try looting your gear. Another then is maybe your teammates looted some extra gear for you.

About the decay on weapons, armor etc. I agree they should have then they sorta already do but it needs to be more balanced in my opinion.

In Darkfall they have full loot drop on death. Which allows teammates to get your gear if you die or protect it. It also causes players who did die on the battle field to think twice about coming out with full gear and just death zerging.
    Plus dont forget that the attackers have to win enough to be able to get that loot off the grave AND get it back to a safe location.

Your "noob" looting your gear doesnt apply here.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    About a noob could loot your gear. How is a noob going to loot your gear? If you die, you should consider your gear gone.
    Carrying a second set? You wouldnt need to carry a second set you would need to have a second set wherever you respawn (Your totem AKA your house). Your respawn point is a 100% safe area. If you want to craft new items you were missing or take your time gearing up you could do that. You should also run back out to the fight and try looting your gear. Another then is maybe your teammates looted some extra gear for you.
    How dose that help pvp? if you have to go across the map to recover your gear? why even bother with pvp? make a whole world pve.
    Noob can loot after other players kill you.

If you loose just a small portion of xp it's not a big deal, I am sure you could handle that loss, you even agreed on loosing status that takes much longer to recover then xps.
    What is the difference between grinding for gear or for skills? to grind for gear is going to take much longer then for xps.
    Unless the only way to pvp is going to be naked fights.
    Seams you do want this game to die-out because there is no point of pvp and is boring to grind everyday for food and gear.

How dose that help pvp? if you have to go across the map to recover your gear? why even bother with pvp? make a whole world pve.
    Noob can loot after other players kill you.

If you loose just a small portion of xp it's not a big deal, I am sure you could handle that loss, you even agreed on loosing status that takes much longer to recover then xps.
    What is the difference between grinding for gear or for skills? to grind for gear is going to take much longer then for xps.
    Seams you do want this game to die-out because there is no point of pvp and is boring to grind everyday for food and gear.

Why would i want this game to die out? Its already has few people playing it. I want this game to be great.

Who says you have to go across the map? Maybe you died 10 feet outside your totem area. Either way if you lose your gear in a death, its gone make more, trade for more, or go get it.

Losing just 1 skill point can take much longer and more resources than any stack of gear. If you only cause a small amount to be loss then it only effects very very little amount of people. Simple concept dont bring anything you cant afford to lose. Played games like EVE online, Darkfall, Wurm Online. They have the same concept. You learn that gear isnt that big of a deal, and if you have something you cant afford to lose dont take it to places you are likely to die.
    Gear in Xsyon is very easy to replace to a common level. Yes there is some rare gear (impossible gear now to make due to mutants being gone) to make, but the effect of gear is very minor. You can replace it to near 100% in a very short amount of time. Resources are very very easy to get.

Have you got any crafting, resources or combat skills to 100 yet? Not talking about running or something really easy.