Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Feedback Request: Abandonment Phase Patch

Hello Survivors!

We would love to hear your thoughts on the latest patch excluding creature AI.

What are your thoughts on the abandoned totems?
    And give us your general thoughts on the overall patch.
    The full patch notes can be found here...

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post96407

Thank you.

Well, there still seem to be no creatures around our zone. A couple of revs, that is about it. And now it doesn't really matter, since the gear is nerfed, since now there is not really any incentive to try to get better mats for better gear. I don't understand a cap of 25? Maybe 25 per stat, but 25 total? Maybe I am misunderstanding, but I don't see the reasoning here, since now it seems the goals I had yesterday don't mean anything. I can understand not wanting people to have 100+ stat gear, but 25? Don't you see this killing the little economy this game has? Just sayin...

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but I picked up a discarded bin on the side of the road (not on tribal land) and then put it down on my land. Now I can't pick it up because it says "I don't have permission to do this". Also when I open it is says "Using tribal authority to access locked container". Surely this isn't right as I know have a bin that I can't move on my land.

Gear stats not reflected in char stats.

The stats shown on my gear do not match the stats that are added when I put on my gear. I would like the gear to accurately reflect what gets added when I put it on. Also, if there is a cap for each item, is it posted some where? And is the overall cap posted some where? I am a high level crafter, and I would still like to be able to maximize the benefit from the items I make. Showing actual stats on my items would be helpful, instead of showing the old stat, but adding the diminished stat to my char when I put it on. Thanks!

Hello Riverspirit,

The stat bonus revisons are in progress and will be corrected properly as soon as possible. I posted in our Update thread regarding these changes:

One important recent change that there have been questions about is the 'nerfing' of stat bonuses on armor. Currently the limits are set to a max of 25 point per stat due to armor bonuses. Individual armor parts also have per stat limits based on the type of part, with the larger parts providing higher stat bonuses. Older parts that exceed these limits currently display the previous bonuses. We are working to revise the old bonuses in a balanced way so that old armor parts retain their previous relative power.

Current Per Part Stat Limits:

torso 2.50 pelvis 2.50 calf 1.50 chest 3.00 elbow 1.00 foot 2.00 forearm 1.50 hand 2.00 head 2.00 knee 1.00 shoulder 1.00 thigh 1.50 upperarm 1.50 waist 1.00 neck 1.00
    This is a necessary revision to balance things as they were originally intended and allow for additonal bonuses that will be gained from weapons and other sources. The relative effect of each stat will also be adjusted so that stats elevated beyond 100 are worthwhile.

In effect, we are revising the system so that it is within correct and manageable limits. The 'volume' was turned up to 11 and we are turning it back down to 10.

Hello Olokia,

We will look into this issue tonight. One of our Guides will contact you if we need to check this exact bin.

Thanks!

This armor issue here, gives me no will to play. Its causing the game to go backwards for economy. Why worry about wearing good armor when a person with 20 skill points and go kill a normal bear and get 90% of the effect?

Plus on top of that, the effect isnt even worth it. Oh yeah, I now can do +.02 more damage by having the BEST STR elbows in the game? I had to kill a 1400 HP mutant (which are not even in game any more) to get this. Sounds good to me. Because instead of doing 10.00 damage now, I will do 10.02 damage. EPIC. Totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Hello Riverspirit,

The stat bonus revisons are in progress and will be corrected properly as soon as possible. I posted in our Update thread regarding these changes:

One important recent change that there have been questions about is the 'nerfing' of stat bonuses on armor. Currently the limits are set to a max of 25 point per stat due to armor bonuses. Individual armor parts also have per stat limits based on the type of part, with the larger parts providing higher stat bonuses. Older parts that exceed these limits currently display the previous bonuses. We are working to revise the old bonuses in a balanced way so that old armor parts retain their previous relative power.

Current Per Part Stat Limits:

torso 2.50 pelvis 2.50 calf 1.50 chest 3.00 elbow 1.00 foot 2.00 forearm 1.50 hand 2.00 head 2.00 knee 1.00 shoulder 1.00 thigh 1.50 upperarm 1.50 waist 1.00 neck 1.00
    This is a necessary revision to balance things as they were originally intended and allow for additonal bonuses that will be gained from weapons and other sources. The relative effect of each stat will also be adjusted so that stats elevated beyond 100 are worthwhile.

In effect, we are revising the system so that it is within correct and manageable limits. The 'volume' was turned up to 11 and we are turning it back down to 10.
    This is helpful, thank you. So it is 25 per stat? And each piece is per stat? So if I have 2 stats on an item I will see them both up to the limit? Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by GuideRaguel View Post
    Hello Survivors!

We would love to hear your thoughts on the latest patch excluding creature AI.

What are your thoughts on the abandoned totems?
    Since Raven Moon is so isolated we have no Revenants or creatures for that matter I'm not the best candidate to comment on creature strength etc, however I did run from our place in the lower south west all the way to 1022 in the northwest, and spent time running around up north. I found the Revenants fairly easy to evade if you keep energy up you can run and lose agro. They were not hard for me to kill but I understand they should get stronger in time so we'll see how that goes.

We have encountered some problems with new players coming into the game right in the mist of Revenants. Of course they are too hard for a new player to kill and I tried to get one returning player to our tribe which took us about 3 hours and a second player chose to re-roll and spawn at our tribe because he kept dying (Not just to Revenants but also animals so some of that is normal risk).

Getting killed within 3 minutes of entering the world however is a bit discouraging for new players, especially if they get caught in a death loop because a totem is close by and they have no idea even how to attack or where to run.

I wonder if a buffer zone around the new player spawn areas couldn't be created? This would also prevent any future grieving of brand new players. (not that this happens but the potential for it is there). Or at the least move the spawn site to a clear area that has some distance from any decaying totems. Just my thoughts on that, thanks.

Nerfed Gear

Well, I understand the reasoning for wanting to even things out, but after a year and thousands of hours grinding my crafts, I should be able to create much better gear than a new player. Otherwise what benefit is there to crafting, or to playing long term?

I really think you need to stop taking things away from veteran players every time you decide to help new players. Even the new players need something to work toward. And veteran players should have an advantage, maybe not as much as before, but there should be some reward for playing this long.

This might sound like I am agreeing with DDT... but I will never admit to that.

And herds of crazed marmots? Really? LOL. And Willow is right about the newbie zones, it is nearly impossible to spawn at Tallac without dying right away. Give the poor noobs a chance to figure out what is going on.

Ok, I am done now.