Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WhassUP, now?

WhassUP, now?

I have been gone awhile, and decided to check the forums after getting a pm from a tribemate.

What I read so far is same old same old.

So abandoned totems have not been removed yet, revanants are supposedly too hard, resources are still way to abundant, and the population has dropped a good bit more, which will lead to even more abandoned totems and rev's running around.

So, my question is this...

( disclaimer: I already know its my choice, and I am not trying to irritate or dissuade anyone from playing nor pointing ANY fingers at ANYONE. )

Question: Why would I want to play this game in it's current state?

I am very interested in comments.

Because we miss you

Xsyon Citizen
    * lots of creatures (at least near our tribe)
    * Protect the tribe against the revenants
    * Help others and together clear the deserted tribelands from the revenants
    * create quests for other players to take on (also gives you xp points)
    * help me remove some baskets in the tribe area that keep me from building

AND .... we miss you

You played the game? I thought you just built random stuff on a hill with no reasoning for it and stomped away twice........oh wait thats 80% of the game and all the devs focused on for a year instead of doing what a lot of us said would give the game meaning and some fun.....but they worked on crap that people like you wanted like more building crap......oh well we have more ROOFS AND POST!!!!

unclean...

whereas I like building it has not been something I have ever asked for more of so please don't put words into my mouth that were never spoken by me.

You may want to blame players like me but my ideas have never been listened to by Jordi nor changed because of me.

I could not care less for safe zones, carts, or pvp.

( however I did want trees but that addition to the game did not drive anyone away. )

I said people like you not you alone so its really the Devs who is to blame but when 98% of the game are people who build quit build quit and do nothing but complain when somethings hard or theres not a part they need to finish some worthless building and other vets in the game who would just say...YEAH that sounds cool and a good idea WE NEED THAT.WTF do you think the devs are going to do and if any of us that could careless about that crap said anything about it and wanted focus on fixing stuff like crafting,animals,pvp and just making it all mean something peole like you and other vets jumped in all the time like everything was fine with those things and never supported them getting fixed because A.you had no interest in those things and B.you just dident like the person or persons saying it.

Well here you go this is what happens when you pick a side instead of whats good for the game as a whole.

Whatever.

I have always supported much of what you said but blame me if you like.

You are one of the few still here, and I don't have any real interest in debating with you, but have to say that I agree its the dev to blame.

Just put something in that fun and not tedious, and give it purpose and folks will play.

Hello Mactavendish,

I've read through your original post, and the posts within the thread, it seems that you are finding Xsyon or the features currently in-game to not have a 'Purpose' or meaning.

You also ask a question to the community...

Question: Why would I want to play this game in it's current state?
    I would like to flip that question around back at you with a slight twist.

What changes or additions to Xsyon would you like to see added, for it to give meaning or purpose to it, in a way that will encourage you to come back a play?

We would be really interested to hear what you think.

Thank you.

Raguel,

I like that question you asked him, so I will answer for myself.

I like Xsyon, but I do not like the "theme". While I enjoy the features and the overall concept, I do not feel it is quite worth the current subscription price. Not saying it should be free to play, but not 15USD a month. Thats a bit high when compared to the others in that price range and what they offer both graphically and in features, not to mention development.

I would like more depth and reasons to the economy, there currently isnt a really worth it.

There is no real PvP or reason behind it, without a real penalty to death even PvE isnt fun, there is no real risk vs reward.

While the game world is large, it is spotted with dead totems, and half finished terraform projects.

While I dont care if we have mounts anytime soon, it would be nice to have beasts of burden, farming, cooking, and a reason to do it besides staving off debuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    Raguel,

I like that question you asked him, so I will answer for myself.

I like Xsyon, but I do not like the "theme". While I enjoy the features and the overall concept, I do not feel it is quite worth the current subscription price. Not saying it should be free to play, but not 15USD a month. Thats a bit high when compared to the others in that price range and what they offer both graphically and in features, not to mention development.

I would like more depth and reasons to the economy, there currently isnt a really worth it.

There is no real PvP or reason behind it, without a real penalty to death even PvE isnt fun, there is no real risk vs reward.

While the game world is large, it is spotted with dead totems, and half finished terraform projects.

While I dont care if we have mounts anytime soon, it would be nice to have beasts of burden, farming, cooking, and a reason to do it besides staving off debuffs.
    Hello Hodo,

While I understand your points here, I'm still not getting that key information as to what you as a player would like to see added, to enable the game in its current state to have 'meaning or purpose'.
    Alot of players keep commenting that the game has no meaning, yet we don't see many players going into much detail about what they personally think would give it meaning.

We're looking for examples of current in-game features that you think do not have meaning and what you as a player would add/change to make that feature have the desired meaning that you are all craving for.