Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    To update I spent the whole day yesterday fighting undead and I am slowly getting better. I changed some stats but still need to refine that further. The most I hit is 14 still though but at least I am feeling a bit better about the whole situation. I do still think they desperately need a better healing mechanic than just sleeping as, like i said yesterday, the constant sleeping can be frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    Well I disagree with you here Andy. I have been playing for about a year and my fortitude is 92.5 because like many players I respect when the stat changes came in which only allowed a max of 90 in any one stat. I don't grind either, never have and never will. I play the game the way it is and level as I go which is why I don't get bored like some players.

If you play smart it's not that difficult, however trying to solo in a game that you do not understand all the mechanics can be very difficult if not frustrating. I could make you a set of gear and show you a couple techniques that would make taking on Revenants pretty easy. Like simply keeping your energy above 75% at all times that way you can if needed run out of agro range of just about any pursuing mob.

I have brand new players in tribe who can go out and hunt Revenants. I'm not saying it's easy because it shouldn't be, it should take some technique, best gear you can get your hands on and it should still be a challenge. If it's not a challenge then what's the point? This is a survival game after all.

My suggestion would be rather than quit, join an established tribe until you can get on your feet a little, then if you decide to move on and homestead you will have the tools and experience to be a solo player, or a future tribe leader
    We've been having a lot of fun raiding old tribes lately and We'd be happy to help you out if you need anything.

You don't get bored like some do 1) Because you dont play as much, 2) You love building and rebuilding, 3) You took a break for a few months, and 4) You don't seem to mind missing content and bugs. Nor do you really report them.

Problem with your suggestion Willow, is there is almost no "established" tribes because most or all have quit.

@AndyI10

I understand your upset about how hard Revs and animals are for you, have you tried killing lower tiered animals meant for your skill level?
    When I said animals were to easy (I'm assuming you are saying I was one of the "two or three people" that were moaning animals were to easy) its because high end animals were easy to solo. I could even solo them without getting hit. On top of that, a group of 2 people could kill the hardest mutant animals in less than 1min. Now I've always said that small animals were to hard, and shouldn't be aggressive. Also I've said they need to have areas where vets go to fight harder animals and the starting zones should have non aggressive rabbits, cats etc. This allows new players to train combat when they choose and not have it forced on them.
    I also said about revs the biggest problem is they are the same for everyone, too easy for vets like me, too hard for newer or non combat players like yourself.

You make a lot of valid points in your post, and I have to agree with most of them, however, don't blame this on players like me asking for some animals to be harder. Do you believe that 1 player should be able to solo a Shadowbear (the hardest monster in the game) with ease even if they are the top end game type of skills and stats?

Quote Originally Posted by wazcool View Post
    To update I spent the whole day yesterday fighting undead and I am slowly getting better. I changed some stats but still need to refine that further. The most I hit is 14 still though but at least I am feeling a bit better about the whole situation. I do still think they desperately need a better healing mechanic than just sleeping as, like i said yesterday, the constant sleeping can be frustrating.
    Major issue now that aggressive mobs are in the game, I've only been saying this for 2 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    You don't get bored like some do 1) Because you dont play as much, 2) You love building and rebuilding, 3) You took a break for a few months, and 4) You don't seem to mind missing content and bugs. Nor do you really report them.

Problem with your suggestion Willow, is there is almost no "established" tribes because most or all have quit.
    1) I play average 5 hours a night for 12 of the past 14 months, it's enough.
    2) Yes I love building.
    3) 2 month break at the holidays 7 months ago.
    4) I mind bugs and I do report bugs that I see that have not been reported. I just don't complain about them all the time because that solves nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    The problem with your statement "There are almost no established tribes" is that there are still some he can join making that statement completely pointless.

A better tomorrow (Germania)
    Raven Moon
    Wohitika
    Pawnee
    The Marketers
    I think that is enough to be able to pick one.

Please will you two stop it. You both are different personalities. DDT, your obsessive about things, and Willow you are not. You two are almost polar opposites, so just agree to disagree and move on and stop derailing this thread.

Not yelling at you two, just telling you, your both vets of this game dont turn this into a he said she said.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    Please will you two stop it. You both are different personalities. DDT, your obsessive about things, and Willow you are not. You two are almost polar opposites, so just agree to disagree and move on and stop derailing this thread.

Not yelling at you two, just telling you, your both vets of this game dont turn this into a he said she said.
    I've said it a hundred time Hodo, I always ignore him and his posts until he calls me out on my posts which he has a bad habit of doing, it's never the other way around.

Germania unless your German or they changed there rules you cant join

Raven Moon you guys live out on the edge of nowhere but i guess

Wohitika yes I think its a good start for a new player

Pawnee unless they left a bunch of raccoons and a coyote in charge im pretty sure there dead

The Marketers ? I love Snakepit but its far from an established tribe but nothing wrong with joining up with a good people

That leaves one or two established tribes so like he said there are almost none.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    1) I play average 5 hours a night for 12 of the past 14 months, it's enough.
    2) Yes I love building.
    3) 2 month break at the holidays 7 months ago.
    4) I mind bugs and I do report bugs that I see that have not been reported. I just don't complain about them all the time because that solves nothing.

The problem with your statement "There are almost no established tribes" is that there are still some he can join making that statement completely pointless.

A better tomorrow (Germania)
    Raven Moon
    Wohitika
    Pawnee
    The Marketers
    I think that is enough to be able to pick one.
    Germania, 1 active.
    Raven Moon, 7 active.
    Wohitika, Closed who they will add, 5 actives.
    Pawnee , 1 active.
    The Marketers, 1 active.

5 tribes is your choice here? With only 2 of the having more than 1 active. Doesnt sound much like choice here.

About your other posts, I dont need to point out the lies, but its pretty clear you are lying.

hey men, I am very pleased to see that The Marketers is recognized as a tribe. What is a established tribe? Is trying to get a established tribe not more fun then have one?
    2 or 3 people in a tribe is maybe better then 100. It all depends on what the members make from it.

Quote Originally Posted by kakary View Post
    hey men, I am very pleased to see that The Marketers is recognized as a tribe. What is a established tribe? Is trying to get a established tribe not more fun then have one?
    2 or 3 people in a tribe is maybe better then 100. It all depends on what the members make from it.
    Last I checked "tribe" was 20+ people according to the size standards. Now I understand that might be a bit off but 2 to 3 people makes up an "established" tribe now in days? Pretty sad state of affairs if that is the case. Heck if that's the case what isn't an "established" tribe?

The point is there are tribes who are willing and able to help new or struggling players get on their feet. We are one of those. Appose to players like you and Dang who do nothing but ridicule players and make stupid irrelevant statements on the forum then try and justify that irrelevance by changing the topic to something like only a 20 man tribe can help a new player?

Besides the fact that I was addressing the OP and trying to be helpful. Why do you think that everything has to involve you or your opinion? You really need to get help man and stop trolling.

Lying? Could you please elaborate on this?
    Those are all facts! I log on every night between 7pm and 8pm and log off between midnight and 1am. I play every Sunday all day and most Mondays off and on all day. All facts!
    Check my profile for bug reports. Yes I love building and I took off from November through the holidays.