Im curious Who Dev;s have approached for publishng

What game publishers has Xsyon approached to take this game to the next level...

Because truth be told Indie games rarely ever last to long And was trying to remember which is the last one I played that actually lasted and it was the Mount and Blade series which was INDIE when it first came out...

Now picked up and published by Paradox interactive...

Im just curious because all I ever read as to why things arent happening is time / money / staff Which is par for the course in the indie world but we never see my from you about if your actively pursuing a publisher or if your plans are ever really to take this game to the mass retail market...

Just having it for download ona website doesnt mean it mass retail, you have to really search around on game sites to see that Xsyon exists... and only a few somewhat undated sites have it listed as anything...

I know it doesnt cost the much to use Google Adwords, or pay IGN or Gamespot to be an add spot, what are the long term plans to sustain a viable game community in this world...

Some of you may not think its our business to know this kinda thing, But my opinion is I feel like im paying for the development of a Beta, not a Prelude or per-release retail and I ought to have a little bit of an idea of what and where its going...

And as an Example Dawntide last Indie game on the brink of failure, always let there user know what was going on...

Xsyon Citizen
    This is a good question - it has been answered several times (more indirectly by Jordy) - from what I have read, there is no plan to "sell" Xsyon to a publisher - my guess would be that Jordy tries to do this with the crew he has (and will expand when more players join Xsyon)?

My take on the whole "subcription" things is quite different to some of you guys:

Your argueing like Xsyon is a product/service and as a customer you have certain rights. If you read the agreement you have accepted this is not the case (this is the same for all game services - even big companies like Blizzard write the same stuff in their service agreements...).

I think of Xsyon in a total different way. For me Jordy is an artist - who wants to create a fabulous art-piece, some form of interactive, multimedia, immersive, virtual experience that is world wide shared between different people. It brings folks from all continents together to have a place to interact, play, compete and have fun. So my contribution to this "art-piece" is like a patron (like Cesare Borgia supported Leonardo da Vinci - that comparision is far strenched - but I hope you get my point).

So I dont complain about how this artist does his work, I just wander around and am happy that I can (financially) support this project.

But that is just my take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by tomduril View Post
    This is a good question - it has been answered several times (more indirectly by Jordy) - from what I have read, there is no plan to "sell" Xsyon to a publisher - my guess would be that Jordy tries to do this with the crew he has (and will expand when more players join Xsyon)?

My take on the whole "subcription" things is quite different to some of you guys:

Your argueing like Xsyon is a product/service and as a customer you have certain rights. If you read the agreement you have accepted this is not the case (this is the same for all game services - even big companies like Blizzard write the same stuff in their service agreements...).

I think of Xsyon in a total different way. For me Jordy is an artist - who wants to create a fabulous art-piece, some form of interactive, multimedia, immersive, virtual experience that is world wide shared between different people. It brings folks from all continents together to have a place to interact, play, compete and have fun. So my contribution to this "art-piece" is like a patron (like Cesare Borgia supported Leonardo da Vinci - that comparision is far strenched - but I hope you get my point).

So I dont complain about how this artist does his work, I just wander around and am happy that I can (financially) support this project.

But that is just my take on it.
    Im not complaining, more curious of the facts or saying I have a EULA right to know, Its not that I dont find the game somewhat addicting, but the excuse as to why nothing ever is done or working right is always staff or money, both of which could be solved by a publisher...

Dawntide Is a good example of what, Jordi should not want, the Game was very popular, very similar to Xyson, but due to no publisher for capital had to turn the server off and posted on there site until they find money the game is done...

Paradox Interactive is a good example of a publisher that lets INDIE game remain as they were unlike Blizzard, EA, or Sony who almost always wrecks the core of the games they touch, that werent developed by them...

Some of the best games started INDIE retained there core and were very successful. Im just saying keep the community pumped about the game keep them informed.

Artist And work of art ill agree with but every artist every person likes money and at some point if Xsyon isnt making enough to maintain the already limited amount of programmers it will cease to exists...

Im the type of MMO player that when I find a solid game that holds my interested ill invest years of time and money... Everquest 1 and 2 were like 10 years of my life, along with a few others some what part time, I have been a beta testing for 14 years nearly every major title and some you never heard of that couldnt find money which were awesome, " Rubies of Eventide" to name one, Beta tested Shadowbane for 2 years way ahead of it times alot of the same building features and graphics xsyon has but it was released in 2003... It was INDIE and picked up by UBIsoft...

If your going to compare a game to an Art piece and you might a well frame this and call it done... Ultimately Xsyon needs to make a choice continue to be a hobby for a few programmers, or get published and make the real money...

You should take a peek into the dev questions/answers thread. It has some info about future plans for Xsyon. Here is an excerpt from that thread that might answer your question:

Q: The thing that Xsyon is missing at the moment is a stable and fairly big player base. Advertising campaigns are the way to do this, are there any plans, and if so, could you share them with us?

A: Yes. As stated above we will be advertising soon. This will be in the form of typical banner ads and a Facebook ad campaign. We are preparing a Kickstarter page to raise funds to really push Xsyon to the next level as well, but the goal first is to expand the player base by attracting new players with our ads.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by KMan View Post
    You should take a peek into the dev questions/answers thread. It has some info about future plans for Xsyon. Here is an excerpt from that thread that might answer your question:

Q: The thing that Xsyon is missing at the moment is a stable and fairly big player base. Advertising campaigns are the way to do this, are there any plans, and if so, could you share them with us?

A: Yes. As stated above we will be advertising soon. This will be in the form of typical banner ads and a Facebook ad campaign. We are preparing a Kickstarter page to raise funds to really push Xsyon to the next level as well, but the goal first is to expand the player base by attracting new players with our ads.
    http://www.therepopulation.com/index...ews&Itemid=428
    Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by lordadamar View Post
    What game publishers has Xsyon approached to take this game to the next level...

Because truth be told Indie games rarely ever last to long And was trying to remember which is the last one I played that actually lasted and it was the Mount and Blade series which was INDIE when it first came out...

Now picked up and published by Paradox interactive...

Im just curious because all I ever read as to why things arent happening is time / money / staff Which is par for the course in the indie world but we never see my from you about if your actively pursuing a publisher or if your plans are ever really to take this game to the mass retail market...

Just having it for download ona website doesnt mean it mass retail, you have to really search around on game sites to see that Xsyon exists... and only a few somewhat undated sites have it listed as anything...

I know it doesnt cost the much to use Google Adwords, or pay IGN or Gamespot to be an add spot, what are the long term plans to sustain a viable game community in this world...

Some of you may not think its our business to know this kinda thing, But my opinion is I feel like im paying for the development of a Beta, not a Prelude or per-release retail and I ought to have a little bit of an idea of what and where its going...

And as an Example Dawntide last Indie game on the brink of failure, always let there user know what was going on...
    I'm not trying to flame you but I was a beta tester since way early alphain Dawntide, that comment was pretty funny, that did not always tell you everything that does go on and the reason DT is not doing well is because the team can't agree on everything which is common.. Mainly the combat and the direction they want to continue to go , one of there main guys who was the" MONEY" LEFT and thats why they are in trouble and trying to find a publisher or someone willing to fork on some cash. Being a game designer myself, and nearly have my degree this is common with new companys because for one trying to make a MMO first before anything else is not smart at all, no investors in there rigtht mind will give you money if they do not know you or have seen what you have done or plan to do.... Some people MAY get lucky and it does happen but it is unlikely.. This is why we see the typical clones that we do because they make money those are facts. Sadly games like Darkfall,m dawntide, mortal online , xsyon and such are a Niche market. They are made for people that like a unique style game and something different sadly we are very small followings but growing every year. SO investors will shy away because they are not gonna make a ton of money so its NOT worth it. Also when you have publisher they can limit and tell you what and when you need to move which is why we see games releases WAY.. to eariler. Prime example of why investors can be bad .. I think investors now though for Xsyon would be good, that way we can hire more help, but they can stop his direction or mess with the way Jordi does things which is what alot what we love about his team, they may also change with investors and we may hate what we see in Xsyon is that where to happen.....and those are facts. Studying game design and when I first entered Game design I wanted to make a MMO, and after seeing what is involved, I decided to wait, until I make money with smaller games and build relationships with people/investors, gamers, you name it, so that way I can make the best game I can when its time, but I think most indies are follish by making there first game an MMO... ANyone who has made a game , no matter small scale or big scale realize WOW that was way more work than I thought. NOw jordi, yes he has been in the buisness for awhile so he pretty nuch already knew, sadly he does not have the pocket that I wish he did, and right now may be a good time to expand but he needs to be careful that he gets the right investors so he can hire some good help to move a bit faster on his dream.