Need an honest experienced player

Hi people,
    Im new to the sandbox style mmo, and the idea of building my own towns through hard work is appealing.. but im just curious as to what the point of it all is. Once you have your log sanctuary, what do you do? In terms of advancement and progression.. is there an obvious goal that everyone is trying to acheive? The game is downloading and im trying to convince my friend to play with me, i need some selling points.

Quote Originally Posted by audio View Post
    Hi people,
    Im new to the sandbox style mmo, and the idea of building my own towns through hard work is appealing.. but im just curious as to what the point of it all is. Once you have your log sanctuary, what do you do? In terms of advancement and progression.. is there an obvious goal that everyone is trying to acheive? The game is downloading and im trying to convince my friend to play with me, i need some selling points.
    Right now buildings have no purpose at all other than walls to keep out the few monsters there are, and some of the tents will store items. You get no bonuses or anything for them.

well, i just logged into the game.. was killed by a player.. within 5 meters of the new player spawn point.. i try again.. same thing happens..players have built housing right next to the spawn spot.. seems pretty broken.. greifers dream. Im going to request a refund. I cant even play due to this, and i must say.. massive oversight from the devs.. surely they knew this is likely to happen.

Edit: I just tried again to explore the world.. players chase me down and kill me.. srsly.. ludicrous oversight in such a childish genre.

Edit: OK so have since learned that "revenant"s which i assume are player bought npcs? will also 2 shot a new player if you happen to try and leave town. what a mess.

Xsyon Citizen
    Revenants are "zombies" that spawn at places that players started but left/abandoned.
    They are not hired or anything. This feature is quite new to Xsyon (like 2-3 weeks) and there are some balance issues with those revenants.

You can choose serveral spawning points for you character (on creation) - so the best choice for new players - at the moment - are active tribe locations - "Rainy River", "Industrial Strength" as some active tribes / "For a better Tommorow" is a german based tribe. Those spawn points should be fairly safe for new players.

As said above - the revenants are quite new - and some balancing issues will be resolved over the next weeks (as promised by the devs).

This sandbox is evolving all the time, new elements are added, bugs and issues are resolved, the "basic rules" change, and sometimes the balancing is slighty off. It is a game for adult players, were you have to cooperate and work together (especially at the start) - after some time of training and learning how to play, you can get along on your own...

If you are standing on a shore with nice sand - and ask "What shall I do with the sand? How is building a sand-castle fun? Can I save my sand-castle from the waves of the ozean? Its "unfair" that the waves of the ocean destroy what I build so hard ..." If you have those kind of thoughts - then this game is probably not for you.

On the other hand: if you like building a sand-castle each day (and get better at it, building bigger and nicer castles...) then you will definitly find entertainment in this game.

Hope to see you return for an other try!

The revenants are only a few weeks since. These are really difficult for new players. They live in the area of abandoned totems.

well, i just logged into the game.. was killed by a player.. within 5 meters of the new player spawn point.. i try again.. same thing happens..players have built housing right next to the spawn spot.. seems pretty broken.. greifers dream. Im going to request a refund. I cant even play due to this, and i must say.. massive oversight from the devs.. surely they knew this is likely to happen.

Edit: I just tried again to explore the world.. players chase me down and kill me.. srsly.. ludicrous oversight in such a childish genre.

Edit: OK so have since learned that "revenant"s which i assume are player bought npcs? will also 2 shot a new player if you happen to try and leave town. what a mess.

I agree, Ive said this is a major issue from the get go mostly for new players but also for older players.

Because they mix all monsters in the same areas with old and new players there are not tiers of monsters much. So you sorta have to balance everything to the middle of the road player.
    You being a very new player are feeling the pain on one end. I being a vet am feeling it on the other end. I have no hard monsters for me to fight or my tribe to work forward to, thus all weapons and armor (aka high level crafting) is worthless because everything is so easy due to being made for the middle of the road player.
    You are having major issues with some of the monsters due to the fact you are new and just learning and they are right at the starting area. Double sided problem. Devs were told about this and clearly dont care about either side.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Double sided problem. Devs were told about this and clearly dont care about either side.
    This statement is unfair, they care, they just dont see it as a priority, or dont know how to fix it right now.

I would vote on it not being a priority.

Sorry you are having so much trouble getting started Audio. I would also like to make an offer. If you re-roll your character and start at our tribe Raven Moon we are in the safest area in the game currently. There is virtually no Revenants but one distant camp and no critters within our zone. We have a half dozen active tribe members and all are very helpful getting players started. We have been playing for over a year and are very active and experienced enough to answer all your questions. You can join the tribe too if you like, or find a nice spot near by to plop down a totem so you have a re-spawn place other than Founders island. Bottom line, it's very peaceful and mostly we craft and do a weekly Saturday hunt. Good luck, I hope you give the game another chance.

Im going to give it another go, correspondence with the games Devs/cms has really shown me the up side of indy devs.. even if the game is needing some changes atm. They even offered me a chance in testing the revenants on a test server and helping them tone them done. Unfortunately i dont have time with work to do this or id never actually be playing the game lol. revenants really do cripple the new player though and need to be toned down... even if its just the dmg they cause, a new player is 2 shot and then has to run all the way back. I appreciate the offer Willowhawk but the main reason i wanted to play xsyon was to pioneer my own way.. be totally self reliant and sufficient.. this may change as i learn the game XD

Thanks for the tips/help everyone.. and once again.. its great to correspond with a games creators as a valuable customer and not an acceptable loss.

Even if i decide to leave the game, i am donating the purchase fee that i was going to be refunded. Games need money to change.

Good to hear Audio =) The choice to start your adventure at Raven Moon is still a viable choice because you don't get caught in that death loop lol. You can still make your own way in the world, it's just an easy area to start in. Good luck to you!