Thread: Decided

Decided

OK. I've decided to buy the game to give it a try, but before i do that, i'd like some opinions from experienced players about my system [no it's not a rocket of a computer]. Its a fairly simple laptop, but i'd love to relax with this game, even if i have to run it at the lowest of the lowest of the lowest settings..
    ------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 8/13/2012, 19:44:21
    Machine name: HOME-PC
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120330-1504)
    Language: Romanian (Regional Setting: Romanian)
    System Manufacturer: Acer
    System Model: Aspire 4810T
    BIOS: InsydeH2O Version V1.10.
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Solo CPU U3500 @ 1.40GHz, ~1.4GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 4026MB RAM
    Page File: 1845MB used, 6204MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    DAC type: Internal
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42&SUBSYS_022A1025&REV_07
    Display Memory: 1695 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
    Shared Memory: 1631 MB
    Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: LP140WH2-TLA1
    Monitor Id: LGD0201
    Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (60.022Hz)
    Output Type: Internal
    Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumdx32,igd10umd32
    Driver File Version: 8.15.0010.1892 (English)
    Driver Version: 8.15.10.1892
    DDI Version: 10
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 9/2/2009 18:54:16, 5617664 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
    Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-6902-11CF-F174-2022A7C2C535}

You will have a hard time with that computer.
    Video card is lacking (because its a chipset not a "card") Your "Intel GMA 4500M HD" video card is likely not going to work at all.
    CPU is ok, Xsyon likes to use a lot of CPU but mostly VideoCard now.

Also your screen is very small.
    1366 x 768, means your chat window will be about 1/3 of your screen in Xsyon as there is no way to make the chat window smaller or bigger.

Your laptop is good for basic stuff, but gaming its not =P

Good luck.

see, that's why a trial is good, or at least a test realm "trial", coz some ppl play casualy and don't invest too much in computers.. wanted to test it, see if it works at the smallest settings..

Quote Originally Posted by adygv View Post
    see, that's why a trial is good, or at least a test realm "trial", coz some ppl play casualy and don't invest too much in computers.. wanted to test it, see if it works at the smallest settings..
    If you are looking to play any real computer game (not a web based one) you would need a graphics card most likely. Not a chipset.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    If you are looking to play any real computer game (not a web based one) you would need a graphics card most likely. Not a chipset.
    Harsh, but true.

Adygv, I suggest investing in a real graphics card. You can pick up a older Nividia 260GTX for pretty cheap now days that will be more than enough for a game like this. But you will also need to upgrade you powersupply. I doubt you have more than 400-500w in you computer now. If your going to start to get into the big mean pool of internet gaming, you will need a real boat, not a innertube.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    Harsh, but true.

Adygv, I suggest investing in a real graphics card. You can pick up a older Nividia 260GTX for pretty cheap now days that will be more than enough for a game like this. But you will also need to upgrade you powersupply. I doubt you have more than 400-500w in you computer now. If your going to start to get into the big mean pool of internet gaming, you will need a real boat, not a innertube.
    He cant put that card in there, because he has a laptop.

It is not made for the mass market, but if the youre on a tight budget you can make the step of purchasing an external video card. The following from Village Instruments is the best reviewed: http://www.villageinstruments.com/ti...hp?page=ViDock You could take a ViDock 3 which isnt going to give you great performance, but at least it gives you some!

You can find other, and cheaper, by google'ing 'External Video Cards'

UPDATE: In the end, after all the costs, I think it is better to buy another computer, with an existing video card. You should be able to run Xsyon fine for about 400$ - desktop and a 400$ laptop if secondhand.