unclean666 Asks:

So what I would like to know is how you plan on fixing all this to making hunting worth the time and making it fun again
Xsyon Answers:

I condensed your question to answer the main issue.

Your concern is primarily with the stat 'nerf' on armor. The out of control stats caused several issues: None of the game systems were designed for stats in the range of 150-200. With stat gains so high on armor, regular stat gain over time is practically useless. Stats that primarily have effects limited at 100 (for crafting or resource gathering) become useless as starting stats as they can be replaced by sets of high stat armor when needed (with the coming crafting changes, 'high' stat suits for all stats, not just combat focused stats will be possible). There was a huge gap between mid level veteran players and a handful of players with high stat armor suits.

Add this nerf made me aware that a stat gain of 25 point is not valuable to veteran players. It should be! This tells me that the issue is NOT in the actual stat gain, but the EFFECTS of these stats. A 25 point stat different SHOULD be noticeable. 100 points in a stat SHOULD be highly desirable and STATS in the range of 125 SHOULD be exceptional! These are the goals for the next round of changes.

In conclusion, I feel that the armor stat nerf was a minor action but was our biggest step forward yet as it made me well aware of what truly needs to be adjusted and balanced.

I'm sorry that we had to switch gears and focus on our website rather than the crafting update. It wasn't what we planned. This was highly recommended by the ad agency we're working with and it needs to be done.
My main problem is the effect of stats, and the fact that you are forced into 3 or 4 stat types on your armor other than crafting suits.

Now everyone is going to be running around in the EXACT same armor as everyone else, with pretty close to the same EXACT stats.

People are going to Have 25STR/25AGI/25FOR/25SPI armor on because of your nerf, and just about everyone will have pretty much max STR/FOR/AGI because its so overpowering.

On top of this, getting the quad type of gear is very easy to make, sure might not have 25 in every stat but going to have 15+ which means that even crafters who are crap, and gatherers who are crap will be able to get these suits.

Where is the choice in players play style?

Like I said before, I didnt boost FOR because my play style used AGI mostly. While others used a mix of FOR and STR, and still others used FOR or STR suits. (I list these 3 because those really are the only choices for basic everyday play because of how over powering they are).

I dont see how 58% of your stat (120 base stat +80 bonus from armor +8 from tribe bonuses) isnt effective in your build. Yet you some how think that armor with less than a total of 16% is going to be a MAJOR effect.
Sorry to say but 16% is crap, plus on top of that when you figure that most people are going to have 8 to 12% of that 16% its really down to 4%
While base stats vary easy from 0 to 120.

Old system was great for avg players too because they could use a suit and not have to grind for a year for 80+ stat points.
Now the only way they can compete with vet players is to be a year + vet themselves.

This idea is removing the worth of crafting, and removing the choice in the game on playstyles.

You call this a "minor" change yet, this is the main reason I'm no longer playing, its the main reason a few others I know quit also. This has a HUGE effect on crafting and the value of crafters in game. Funny you just brush this off as a MINOR issue yet its one of the worst things I've seen done in game that totally blows off crafting.

Whats even more funny is, I'm less of a crafter than most others in this game. Ive been forced into understanding crafting and being a crafter because pretty much all there is (and builder). You would think this change isnt a big deal to someone like me but even I can see how much this effects the livelihood of my crafters in my tribe, and other tribes, trade and world economy. All the gear now is not only trash or almost ineffective, but also crafters are just brushed aside as not really even needed or wanted. With little to no skills players can craft gear thats mostly as effective as top end crafters who spent 1000s of hours, and tons of working together with gatherers to make this gear.

Even using your own thoughts here that you want gear to have that major of effect, you are still doing both with the current set up you have of having 25/25/25/25 stats on gear. Just you are removing it from players that want to have a choice instead of being a clone of everyone else.

You have already built into the game diminishing returns on high stats. Why is it a problem when people stack it? Because now they can craft gear better by putting on a very very hard and costly suit to get? Sounds like a great working system to me.
The problem is no decay on these suits, not in combat, and not in crafting. Not the fact that people can get them.

I would like to see what other people have to say on this issue. I dont know anyone who thinks its a good idea other than Xsyon himself.

Points in the topic.
i)What is the armor nerf going to do to help economy?
ii)Was there a problem with the old system?
iii)Do you feel that high end armor is worth taking the time it takes to make it?