My thoughts on the economy and other things

The Economy
    With everyone being able to craft everything and have access to every resource at their finger tips it creates a closed feeling with the economy. You don't need my help and I don't need yours is pretty much how it is, I really feel that it's not to late to change this. In my opinion it should be put back to how it was before the game launched and let everyone pick 1 craft, it was so much fun back then when everyone had to help each other.

We used to trade for all kinds of stuff back before launch, I really think that it's not to late to go back to this setup. Give everyone points in their point pool and let them add the extra points to something else for the craft skills they have already leveled.

If the game doesn't revert back to the limited crafting per person I think it will always lack a real economy system and never truly shine in that area. (I think this would really hurt the game in the long run, most people want an economy - crafters want to be able to have worth and non-crafters want to be able to buy from others)

If there is absolutely no way that we will ever go back to 1 craft per person then the only way to allow the economy to thrive imo would be to make it so that your base stat greatly hinders the quality and durablity for how long your items last. Even if you can craft everything, without the crafting base stats to back it up your stuff needs to be so crappy that you won't want to use it for long and you will want to find a real crafter to get what you need.

Resource Distribution A major problem in the game right now imo
    An idea for resource placement could work like this:

-Limited areas around the Lake and some parts of the major rivers would be covered in sand.
    -Resource piles would feel less plentiful if there were more people camping them, which is more of a player population problem.
    -Granite should only be found on a mountain and not scattered in random spots just about every where you walk.
    -Basalt should be only at the highest elevations on mountain tops.

Everything else should also have it's limitations, not going to list them all.

My thoughts on the $40 price tag
    As far as the price of the game goes in order to appeal to a greater amount of people it shouldn't cost more than $20 at the most with a $10 montly sub. When you compare this game with other AAA titles (yes i say AAA because the cost is close in comparison) it's just a turn off for people and they feel like they have been cheated. (I don't feel this way and was glad to hand over my $40, but I understand how the majority of the people feel about it) There's just to many free to play games out and a lot of them are getting away from the pay to win scenerio that was a turn off for the games that first started with f2p. Most of the recent games that have gone f2p give you most of the content for free and make up their money with vanity items.
    Last edited by KeithStone; 08-27-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Xsyon Citizen
    Xsyon is quite a "hard" game to get into - its also meant for a niche market - so first of all only a limited number of players would consider to buy the game, and from those only a portion really does. The once that stay for some months are even less.

Xsyon will never have a big player base (like 3mio players). EVE has like 300k? 350k? ... a game that has been around for years ... So Xsyon can be lucky (or called successful) if like 20-30k players would subscribe.

Xsyon is a game for adults mostly - so I dont think that the price tag is really an issue. And I dont think that more players will come from lowering the price tag - probably only "short period" players that want to "check out" the game, but from those most probably less will stay.

If you have to invest 40$ you probably think about it, and inform your self about the game more. And you can see in the Xsyon world that enough players payed 40$ to put down a totem, create like 10 grass bins - start terraforming and then leave. Imagine how the world would look if 20$ would have been the price ?

So the "high" price protects the "regular players" from stupid, short lasting players - because the price is something that preselects which kind of people the game attracts.

There is a bar in Vienna which has ridiculous prices, but do to this price level only certain (adult) people go there in the first place, which sort of sets the level of which kind of company you find there ...

I hope you get my point

@keithstone.....the only problem with limiting people to one crafts is, stats...I dont want to craft a bunch of crap...but I have to to raise the important stats even related to combat....but yeah, there is no ecomomy...wont be for quite some time to come is my guess.

I thought the game did not allow everyone to craft everything? My character cannot make baskets. I was told if he cant make baskets from the start, he never will. Is this correct and/or did this change?

You wil learn a bin scheme somewhere around 25 in Basketry.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesgood View Post
    I thought the game did not allow everyone to craft everything? My character cannot make baskets. I was told if he cant make baskets from the start, he never will. Is this correct and/or did this change?
    What Tesla says is true. The reason this rumor is still about is because that's how it used to be. Luckily they changed it. So you will get a basket recipe auto trained at 25 for sure (you can get it sooner by random chance) plus you can also scav for recipes of baskets, neither of which was possible before.

Thanks for the replies. So as it stands right now, someone who wanted to go at it alone could place a totem and basically scavage/learn/trade and be self sufficient... eventually learning all the skills necessary? One reason I left the game was the fact that I really could not go at it alone because I couldn't ever make the things I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesgood View Post
    Thanks for the replies. So as it stands right now, someone who wanted to go at it alone could place a totem and basically scavage/learn/trade and be self sufficient... eventually learning all the skills necessary? One reason I left the game was the fact that I really could not go at it alone because I couldn't ever make the things I needed.
    the best way to get started in my opinion is to select toolcraft as your starting craft. Find something that you can grind on that let's you use tools that you can craft to level up your toolcrafting. Alternate between leveling your toolcraft and using the scavenge skill on the junk piles. (you'll find the scavenge skill in your actions window) Also, different zones will yield different items while scavenge, so try not to scavenge the same areas all the time. This will give you ingredients you need for crafting and will also give you items you can use for trading purposes. Make sure you read the manual and select the base stats that will help you find better scavenged materials.