Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    No matter how hard I try, I cant hit an NPC until it actually turns and hit me. I can sprint up behind it and try several times...but nothing registers, until they turn and hit me.
    I see this all the time. I'm sure in some cases it is decync from internet lag however what appears to happen is combat isn't initiated until you swing. Then the mob turns and hits you. It almost appears like a combat trigger. So I never get the first hit in even if I run full speed up behind a mob smack him in the back. That should be a big hit but nothing. This takes away the advantage of getting the first swing in (especially a back attack).

And I agree with River on this,
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverspirit View Post
    It used to be almost perfect, as far as the hp distribution and the reach and the damage. I could find creatures of all sizes. It made it fun to go hunting. There were mutants and 25hp squirrels and 80hp deer so everyone could have fun. I don't want to have to gather a group to go hunting, but if I have a group, I want to be able to find a challenge. I don't want to know what zones those creatures are in, or might be in. That is why it is called hunting...

Small creatures should never get over 50 hp, and have plenty of 20-30 hp little guys for new players to practice on. A 200 hp cat is just insane. Even a big kitty should be easy to take. Lets get some balance back and stop listening only to the players that whine the loudest.

Just my opinion. Thanks for listening.
    This whole migration thing seems like a complete over kill in my opinion. What I would have liked to see is to simply create a low level zone around the lake and keep the animals there at a level that new players can handle with a bit of overlap (There needs to be an occasional scare to keep things exciting). The rest of the world should be as natural as possible. There should be small young animals, medium animals and large very dangerous mutant animals. Just how it was around 3 or so months back. If the animals had not been wiped out at that time it was a great system for all experience levels. Sadly a few people chose to clear the map, then demand everything change and this is what we have now.

And lastly I thought the zone information was just for the test server. I was surprised to see it in game. I think it totally takes away from the realism and is honestly just annoying. All anyone needs to do is to go out and explore a bit. If you see scary creatures then run away and head back toward the lake. But a revenant count? I really see no purpose in this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post

This whole migration thing seems like a complete over kill in my opinion. What I would have liked to see is to simply create a low level zone around the lake and keep the animals there at a level that new players can handle with a bit of overlap (There needs to be an occasional scare to keep things exciting). The rest of the world should be as natural as possible. There should be small young animals, medium animals and large very dangerous mutant animals. Just how it was around 3 or so months back. If the animals had not been wiped out at that time it was a great system for all experience levels. Sadly a few people chose to clear the map, then demand everything change and this is what we have now.

And lastly I thought the zone information was just for the test server. I was surprised to see it in game. I think it totally takes away from the realism and is honestly just annoying. All anyone needs to do is to go out and explore a bit. If you see scary creatures then run away and head back toward the lake. But a revenant count? I really see no purpose in this at all.
    I agree, we just needed easy animals in the new player areas. Not this whole migration thing with increasing hp toward the green. That is just silly. There should be all types of animals all over, except in the new player areas, just give them the easy stuff to deal with at first. But if they want to wander, they take their chances.

And thanks for playing Mihr, it was fun to kill all that stuff. Now put some of those creatures where I can find them.. or they can find me. And definitely let us have all types of animals in our zone, including the nasty ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    a revenant count? I really see no purpose in this at all.
    agreed, the count doesn't need to be there and we don't need to see the message popup on screen when crossing over these regions either. Also, I don't even think players need to know where the region boundries are, some things should just be left up to exploration and mystery.

Hello everyone,

I am getting a lot of conflicting feedback on this. If you feel that creatures are too difficult now, please contact GuideMihr via PM and set a time to assist with testing on the test server. The only way we are going to balance things correctly is with your direct assistance.

I will note a few things:

- Range was not increased with this patch. It has never been increased, only reduced. If you are getting hit out of range, we need more information so it can be reproduced. (Please PM GuideMihr if you can regularly reproduce this).

- The revenant count display is temporary and for our tests only. It's there right now just to ensure that the changes we made to revenants are correct. Everything is checking out, so this will be removed with the next small patch.

- We'll look into the other reported issues. These are not things that we changed with this patch. We simply adjusted creature strength, damage, armor and life variables.

- The migration system does allow for overlap between regions and some creatures to move around the world. This first patch ran a one time movement to migrate most creatures to the nearest zones, but migration over time will be slower.

As far as how tough or weak everything is it seems about right to me as far as ago and type range also seems to be lowed so other then that it seems fine as well.Only thing I have noticed really wrong so far is that ive had a few animals walk though walls but it may have been because it was on built up dirt.

Note I am useing a combat geared vet toon.

Few things:

1) I've been noticing The animals are running in packs. Makes it a bit rough to kill just 1 when all of them attack you. I talked to Mihr about this , I'm just making a note here.

2) In 1016 there are a pack of 5 spinetip ridgemartins that seem to stack. I walked up on them the other day ( I knew they were in the area I simply just didn't see them this time) by accident and notice there was just 1. When I got closer they started running off and when they did they split into 4. They still stayed in a pack when they ran.

3)I was out hunting in a low area and got killed by a rat that hit me 7 times and I didnt even get a shot in. I'm a bit of a newb and I was wearing no armor. Mihr had messaged me ( he must had seen my frustration over world chat LOL) and we talked about that rat and it turns out he was age 12. Not something that needs to be in a low area.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverspirit View Post
    And PVP hotspots? Who cares? Most people don't play this game for the pvp, since this game really is not about pvp (to me anyway), it just includes pvp. I love all the dimensions of this game, the crafting and tribe community and the creativity that can be expressed in building. I used to love wandering the world with my little cart and hunting and scavanging. There was always the danger that I would die, and I died pretty often, but at least I could hold my own most of the time. This game is meditative to me, it is relaxing. It helps me decompress. We have a tribe with awesome tribe members from all around the globe and we all help each other. That is what I love about this game. This is just my opinion, but please take it into account.
    Most people dont play this game. Is more correct.

There were tons of PVPers, saying "who cares" to that group players is like saying "who cares" to people that like to craft.

On topic, I think that the starting animals are still a bit too strong, mostly due the packs and how hard they hit/fast attack/hp.

Larger animals are still very hard with no healing and require players to use tactics that can still make fights really easy if you use those tactics to not get hit at all. Biggest issue is HP regen, lack of attack options and lack of Energy regen in combat options. This works both ways.
    So Larger Animals = Easy because of tactics, but still very hard without using these tactics.

Xsyon Citizen
    I love the idea with the zones - I hope that the new system is flexible enough to try out different things with it.

On a personal note: I am currently involved in a big architecture project. So alot of terraforming mostly. The place is already in the "mid danger zone" - well yesterday (sunday) - I stopped playing 3 times after beeing killed by a pine martin (it stuck to the place I was terraforming). I tried to fight it - but only managed to get it to 90% of its HP at the time I was dead. So I just logged off and watched a movie - to try again later...

At the building site I also saw a pack of 10 rabbits - moving at an incredibly speed right trough my terraforming area. Even if I had wished to attack one - they are way to fast to hit ... and they can climb any slope, while I would be stuck at some point.

Well in conclusion:
    The packing behavior is just annoying - I can not fight 10 rabbits at once (3 would probably be ok) - Its not like the "injured one" will be slower and the rest will just run off ... no - if I attack 1 rabbit - 9 others jump on me and nibble me to death (normally takes about 5 seconds).

Not sure what to do about that - I am currently thinking about building a "building fence" to keep the animals out so that I can build in peace ...

On the last few hunting trips we have done I was able to screen shot several multi hit attacks from Animals. Sometimes it's only a few hits other times it can be as much as 10 hits resulting in damages of 100+ to players. The first screen shot was last night against a regular Bear. I was running at the Bear head on took one swing that did 11.32 Dmg and the bear took one swing that did 127 Dmg which finished me.

The other thing that is happening is animals are healing at over twice our healing rate. I know we were told that healing rate for creatures is the same as players, but that is not so. At least not with all animals across the board. I timed healing last night using a 245hp bear which healed from about 1/3 health to full health while I only healed from 1/4 to 1/2. Healing is still painfully slow and not the same for creatures and players.

I'm guessing the extremely slow player heal rate is in anticipation of future healing buffs, foods etc. That is a guess only but when animals still heal about 60% faster it makes it even more painful to sit and watch them heal up while you sit for another 5 minutes waiting.

What I did notice last night is an inconstancy in animal strength. We fought a Shadow Bear that was hitting for 7 to 8 Dmg and it went down so fast I was disappointed, then we fought a regular Bear that was doing 20+ Dmg and we had to kite it for a long time to take him down.

So I am wondering, if the new adjustments to animal strength only effected the new animal spawns and not the old animals. Something doesn't add up, and that is all I can think to explain the huge discrepancy.

Screenshot Upload problems
    I had more to add but the screen shot uploader is totally messed up and I've spent too much time on this already. I'm not getting any preview so I hope they show. The dialogue box doesn't go away when you hit OK to accept the image so you have to force close it.
    WOW this is a train wreck. I thought I would try uploading the actual file along with using the image links, but after you choose the file, you don't even get a confirm or OK button, just a blank window with your file description. I keep trying and getting different results each time. Not liking any of this. Same dialogue box for direct link but if I spam click the OK button it posts a preview in the text box but shows it as a link in the preview window. So now I have two different links but no screenshot.

The Screen shots are suppose to show the spam damage of 108dmg in the first screen, 118 in the second and 127dmg in the third. Please change this back to the old upload system. That one didn't work well but at least it worked.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MultipleHit10807.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	69 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MultipleHit118.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	68 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MultipleHitDMG127.jpg 
Views:	460 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	67
    Last edited by Willowhawk; 09-03-2012 at 10:08 AM.

It looks like animal migration is working. We are starting to see bears and we had the first Coyote we have seen in our area in months early this morning. Mutant sightings also seem to be increasing.