Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
No matter how hard I try, I cant hit an NPC until it actually turns and hit me. I can sprint up behind it and try several times...but nothing registers, until they turn and hit me.
I see this all the time. I'm sure in some cases it is decync from internet lag however what appears to happen is combat isn't initiated until you swing. Then the mob turns and hits you. It almost appears like a combat trigger. So I never get the first hit in even if I run full speed up behind a mob smack him in the back. That should be a big hit but nothing. This takes away the advantage of getting the first swing in (especially a back attack).

And I agree with River on this,
Quote Originally Posted by Riverspirit View Post
It used to be almost perfect, as far as the hp distribution and the reach and the damage. I could find creatures of all sizes. It made it fun to go hunting. There were mutants and 25hp squirrels and 80hp deer so everyone could have fun. I don't want to have to gather a group to go hunting, but if I have a group, I want to be able to find a challenge. I don't want to know what zones those creatures are in, or might be in. That is why it is called hunting...

Small creatures should never get over 50 hp, and have plenty of 20-30 hp little guys for new players to practice on. A 200 hp cat is just insane. Even a big kitty should be easy to take. Lets get some balance back and stop listening only to the players that whine the loudest.

Just my opinion. Thanks for listening.
This whole migration thing seems like a complete over kill in my opinion. What I would have liked to see is to simply create a low level zone around the lake and keep the animals there at a level that new players can handle with a bit of overlap (There needs to be an occasional scare to keep things exciting). The rest of the world should be as natural as possible. There should be small young animals, medium animals and large very dangerous mutant animals. Just how it was around 3 or so months back. If the animals had not been wiped out at that time it was a great system for all experience levels. Sadly a few people chose to clear the map, then demand everything change and this is what we have now.

And lastly I thought the zone information was just for the test server. I was surprised to see it in game. I think it totally takes away from the realism and is honestly just annoying. All anyone needs to do is to go out and explore a bit. If you see scary creatures then run away and head back toward the lake. But a revenant count? I really see no purpose in this at all.