Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Safe Zone Removal Discussion Thread

With the ability to have the option to remove safe zones coming soon, I thought it would be a good time start discussing how this should work and what would the incentives be.

At the moment I'm clueless as to what exactly should be made available to those that opt for safe zone removal.

The main question to discuss for this thread
    What exactly should clans get access to for removing their safe zone?

My idea is that zones should be divided up into regions and each region should provide something valuable for the tribes in that region that opt to remove their safe zones.

This would provide a reason for tribes to want to war each other and try to control different regions for what they provide.

If all zones just give you access to "more abundance" of the same resources you can get anywhere then there won't be any reson for tribes to opt as a safe zone or attack/war other tribes.

One idea I've been bouncing around in my head is that some new rare resources could be introduced into the game through removing your safe zone that can only be retrieved through these means.

Thoughts on Exploiting the System
    Another thing that needs to be worked out is how to stop people from making alt tribes as safe zones so not to risk anything. You could essentially make 1 tribe to store all your valuables and make this the place where you live, etc and then setup your alt tribe for only building a defensive fortress and turning it into a non-safe zone for the rewards it offers.

The following are questions directed more towards Jordi and his team.

1. If you remove your safe zone will anyone, even people from a tribe that hasn't removed their safe zone option be able to attack you on your territory?

2. It was said in a question that I asked in a previous weekly question thread that people will be able to break down structrues (walls, gates etc) with normal weapons.

If you remove your safe zone that will allow people to destroy your structures in order to get into your encapment to attack you will they able to:

- Have access to whatever has been made available to you as your incentive to becoming a non-safe zone?
    - Destroy your entire city during the middle of the night when none of your tribe members are active?
    - If they can destroy walls and gates, will they be able to destroy any other structure as well?
    - Will they able to loot bins/carts once they are inside your city?

I will post actual ideas below on systems that would help create the need for tribes to want to opt out of their safe zones

- Zones divided into regions to control what could be found there by tribes that have opted out of their safe zone
    - Rare seeds that have a chance to be scavenged in a specific region. (the catch is that these seeds can only be planted in other regions, this would create value for the tribe that can find them and need by the tribe that can plant them)
    Last edited by KeithStone; 08-29-2012 at 05:08 PM.