I know the devs are working on a crafting revision update. Could be already things in the works to address concerns with the economy and "everyone can do everything" syndrome. I hear that Artisan and Master Schemes will be introduced for weapon and armor similar to the way tools currently work. I have a few thoughts on the subject.

Raise the max skill level to 120 for all crafts. Requirements for making Artisan items are at least 80 skill level in the craft and 80 in the primary stat for that craft as well as high quality materials and artisan tools. Requirements for making master items are at least 100 skill level and 100 in the primary stat as well as master material and tools.

The use of artisan and master tools should have the same requirements. Credit to Dang for suggesting this before.

Also, for artisan and master crafted items, there should be a customization factor, an additional material slot to add a custom variable. An example woud be using Tar to waterproof armor for a comfort buff. Could be anything to add customization. The ability to change the appearance of items would be nice too, color most of all. We all want something that not everyone else already has.

The point is to give high level crafters new and hard to accomplish goals and reward them with highly sought after crafted items.