Thread: Small Idea.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Xsyon Citizen
    Willowhawk and Emilie have some good ideas in this thread. I think Fast Travel takes a lot away from the game. As the population grows, fast travel like teleporting between totems will destroy the open world feel and it is more likely for people to never run into each other in the wilderness. If you start adding a lot of theme park features to a sandbox it takes away from the feel of the game that a lot of people are here to enjoy. Just my 2 cents. I am all for Mounts (which i believe are in the works) a mobile spawn point, and Foraging doing much more than it does now. I would love to forage but it seems pretty useless at the moment.

The real estate system will supposedly let you set a rented/owned structure in another (not your own) tribe to be set as a respawn point. I think that nearly satisfies your quick travel issue. You will still need to travel to the area at least once, to rent/purchase the property and establish the spawn point, though. I don't know if we will be able to travel to that point at will or not or if it will only be a respawn on death point.

The set as start point option is for larger tribes who wish to set themselves up as a newbie helping tribe. When checked, your tribe becomes a starting area option for others at character creation.