Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small Idea.

Small Idea.

I noticed on the totems that there is a place to checkmark your starting location.

My idea is why can't we use that for travel? For instance:

Last night I traveled from 1016 to 696 (Yes that was one hell of a walk) to Visit Willowhawk in the Ravenmoon Tribe. I was talking about how many animals we have in 1016 since they like to hunt and how I noticed there are hardly any in the 696 zone. I mentiond to them that if there was a way to temporarily use a Friends totem so that people can move about the map and go to farther away zones without worrying about running all the way back from 696 to 1016(for example) after death. If that was implemented then people from 696 could come to my zone and hunt the many animals that lurk there.

I guess you can call this Idea a Traveling Waypoint. You could checkmark the friends totem and once that is done you cannot uncheck it until you checkmark another totem. You will now end up at the friends totem upon death. Again once they checkmark the totem they cannot uncheck it. They would have to checkmark another totem. This could keep them from deathporting back to 696 from 1016 for example.

I've seen in global chat where a person asks what zone he/she is in and if it's too far they wouldn't help, trade etc. This Idea would help Trading out a bit. Not only that, The blood seekers of the world would get more opportunites if people are out and about on the map.

Thanks for reading.

This is a horrid idea for trading, and long term economy.

As is deathporting. Once they add in death punishments you are unlikely to even do that.

Having said that, they do need to add things to help people get around the map better, things like mounts, boats, and faster energy regen options.

I have to say that I am not a fan of this idea either Axechucker because I believe it would take too much away from the sandbox feel. However as we discussed in previous threads, a temp spawn like a dedicated pack tent would be a concept I would like to see. You drop down your travel tent somewhere that you plan to hunt or trade, and if you die you spawn their until you pack it up again. This would be your temporary home for Tribes people and a traveling home for the nomads. It would save the long walks back for your cart etc in the event you get killed while spending time in an area and it would have to be a safe spawn to prevent spawn camping.

Also I would like to see roads built and the ability to pull carts up hills, ramps etc. Road travel is much faster than terrain. Sadly we don't build roads because it just becomes a griever tool for children with tantrums which we had happen just recently. Some man-child paved over a very nice area right next to our tribe and it can't be undone. So this is an issue I would like to see addressed and soon as we are ready to build roads.

And lastly when mounts do come into game the world is going to seem much smaller than it is now and travel will be a lot more fun.

Well Geee DDT , tell me how ya really feel huh?

Guys this is just and idea. Good or Bad it Doesn't matter. Not like they are going to do it anyway. I'm saying the travel in this game sux man. I know I do a boatload of trekking.

it has that option because eventually clans will be able to own mulitple locations, it's not meant for fast travel to other tribes totems.

Quote Originally Posted by Axechucker View Post
    Well Geee DDT , tell me how ya really feel huh?

Guys this is just and idea. Good or Bad it Doesn't matter. Not like they are going to do it anyway. I'm saying the travel in this game sux man. I know I do a boatload of trekking.
    Another person taking offense to my comment on why their idea is not a good at all.

First Xsyon is great about taking ideas off the forums and from the suggestions page and trying to put it in game. Dont forget its a small dev team and it takes time for these ideas to get worked out into code and work out issues with them for gameplay.

Travel in this game sucks, but dont make other parts of the game worse to fix a travel issue. Heck if you want this why not just have UO style traveling where we can magically teleport anywhere in the world? Or make it so players run 100x faster? Both bad ideas for different reasons.

I didnt really explain why this would be a bad idea for economy and trade because I thought it was pretty obvious.

I do greatly agree that travel in this game blows chunks and I posted that, plus I posted on some pretty easy fixes on making travel easier without breaking economy/trade.

I still dont understand why we have no way to regen Energy and HP in an effective way like potions, food, spells, buffs, armor etc. It shows how slow devs are really going and how the small team is under the gun doing tasks that are still more important than this major playing issue. This last month of them working on the website because of the hacking attack shows just how bad they need more coders to push pass these issues.
    I think given time Xsyon will be a great game and fun to play. I only hope at that time I'm still around to play it.

i think Mounts and Potions for stamina (energy) would help. teleporting would destroy much of the game, my opinion

Why not use foraging for this? There are so many plants to forage, so far I have counted about forty. I love it! But it sucks that they are essentially useless right now. Sure you can eat some of them (not that many though), but all they do is raise your hunger bar slightly, much less than fish.

Give them all different properties such as healing, stamina regen, rage, raise charm, intelligence, etc. The plants are there already so it is a system just asking to be implemented. It would give foraging a great purpose as well, and since plants seem somewhat location specific (at least so far this is my impression) it could stimulate travel/trade.

The plant called self heal doesn't heal. How annoying is that!

I really like the idea of a tent to take with you on travels and then that being your spawn point. Or implement real estate, if you could rent a room with someone and then you spawn there temporarily - that would be really cool. I would be travelling all over the place, even more than I already do.

Xsyon Citizen
    Willowhawk and Emilie have some good ideas in this thread. I think Fast Travel takes a lot away from the game. As the population grows, fast travel like teleporting between totems will destroy the open world feel and it is more likely for people to never run into each other in the wilderness. If you start adding a lot of theme park features to a sandbox it takes away from the feel of the game that a lot of people are here to enjoy. Just my 2 cents. I am all for Mounts (which i believe are in the works) a mobile spawn point, and Foraging doing much more than it does now. I would love to forage but it seems pretty useless at the moment.

The real estate system will supposedly let you set a rented/owned structure in another (not your own) tribe to be set as a respawn point. I think that nearly satisfies your quick travel issue. You will still need to travel to the area at least once, to rent/purchase the property and establish the spawn point, though. I don't know if we will be able to travel to that point at will or not or if it will only be a respawn on death point.

The set as start point option is for larger tribes who wish to set themselves up as a newbie helping tribe. When checked, your tribe becomes a starting area option for others at character creation.