I noticed on the totems that there is a place to checkmark your starting location.

My idea is why can't we use that for travel? For instance:

Last night I traveled from 1016 to 696 (Yes that was one hell of a walk) to Visit Willowhawk in the Ravenmoon Tribe. I was talking about how many animals we have in 1016 since they like to hunt and how I noticed there are hardly any in the 696 zone. I mentiond to them that if there was a way to temporarily use a Friends totem so that people can move about the map and go to farther away zones without worrying about running all the way back from 696 to 1016(for example) after death. If that was implemented then people from 696 could come to my zone and hunt the many animals that lurk there.

I guess you can call this Idea a Traveling Waypoint. You could checkmark the friends totem and once that is done you cannot uncheck it until you checkmark another totem. You will now end up at the friends totem upon death. Again once they checkmark the totem they cannot uncheck it. They would have to checkmark another totem. This could keep them from deathporting back to 696 from 1016 for example.

I've seen in global chat where a person asks what zone he/she is in and if it's too far they wouldn't help, trade etc. This Idea would help Trading out a bit. Not only that, The blood seekers of the world would get more opportunites if people are out and about on the map.

Thanks for reading.