Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Need More Information: Time outs

We're currently having problems with the server timing out players and then you get an Already Logged In message.

If this has happened to you today or yesterday please give me the following information:

Did you crash out of the game and then were not able to log back in?
    If so, what were you doing when the game crashed?

-or-

Were you sent to the login screen and then were unable to log back in?

After a server crash, did you lose any inventory items or items in your backpack? Do you have any blank icons in your inventory or backpack as a result of the server freeze?

Any additional information is welcome.

Thanks!

Re:Need More Information: Time outs

I was kicked to the login screen and couldnt get back in as it said "Already logged In" I had assumed this was when the server was being taken down as any one I was speaking to on vent had it happen at the same time but I guess I was mistaken.

I didnt crash, just went to the login screen. I also wansnt doing anything special at the time most likely just walking around, didnt appear to lose any items, or get any bugged slots though.

When I freeze up and have to shut the game down, I can log back in easily.
    If the connection to servers closes, i get the 'already logged in' If I get kicked back to the log in screen i get 'already logged in'

If i wait a few minutes I can generally log back in again.

So what you're saying is that the issue you are having is in fact not related to the purpose of this thread?

I had this happen several times on Tuesday and Weds. For me, I would be booted from the game while performing some kind of action. It seemed to be related to typing in chat while performing some kind of action. The client shutdown and when I tried to log back in, I got the "You are currently logged in" message. This seemed to last until the server was reset.

That being said, today I was able to play for about 5 hours without any huge problems. I had 2 client crashes during that time, but I didn't have any problems logging back in.

So what you're saying is that the issue you are having is in fact not related to the purpose of this thread?
    Sabina's answer is related to what I'm looking for. I'm trying to understand all potential crashes and lockouts right now.

Thanks!

Thank you Xsyon, I thought that was what you were after

I was repeatedly scavenging adjacent areas

Sound went out

After a few more scavenging attempts clicking the scavenging button no longer did anything

Got Connection to Server closing message

Put to login screen, tried to log in and got message saying Already logged in.

Closed the game

Logged in successfully.

My system is Windows 7, 32 bit.

Edit: Actually this may be due to Rosso breaker the server at about this time.

I have been teraforming in water for about 2 hours now on and off testing.

I have been kicked numerous times after raising new areas in the water. When it happens the hotkey does not respond, and a few seconds later it closes connection. This boots me to desktop. It has happened quite a bit today maybe a few dozen times and every time I have to wait until my character is logged out of game before I go back in.

If I lose connection my work seems to roll back and I lose it. But if I log out every few minutes I can save what work I have.

I am on Windows 7.

I was crafting grass armor, then stopped to move things around in my inventory. After moving one item, I could move no more, and was eventually dumped from the game, and was not able to log back in because I was already logged in.