Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re:Hit Registration

Gunba wrote:
    I just asked jooky and it is done on both client and server.

the detection is done client side and then the server checks the validity of the hit.
    Ah, this is somewhat comforting.

However, what exactly do you mean by 'validity'? Do you mean validity of actual in-game conditions (i.e. distance from target, direction) or validity of the actual data itself? (that the packets have not been edited, that the values are acceptable, etc.)

The latter is acceptable, whereas the former, from my experience, usually ends up completely screwing over people on high latencies, as of course, in melee situations, people on high latencies should theoretically be able to make what seem like impossible hits due to the discrepancy between what the player sees and what is actually happening.
    Oh ffs man why do you care, if you wanna spread words of wisdom go get a friggin job at the xsyon team.

"The latter is acceptable" What are you quality control or something?

I hate hackers!

Oh ffs man why do you care, if you wanna spread words of wisdom go get a friggin job at the xsyon team.

"The latter is acceptable" What are you quality control or something?
    why do I care? because poor implementation of hit registration could kill the game for anyone not in the US (i.e. most people)

nice naruto avatar btw, do you talk about anime with your 12 year old schoolmates?