Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I pre-ordered

I pre-ordered

And I'm still not in, I feel like I got ripped off... when will I get it?

Re:I pre-ordered

momodig wrote:
    And I'm still not in, I feel like I got ripped off... when will I get it?
    depends on when you preordered.
    you shouldn't feel that way if you did after 9th of march.

Players get in according to when they pre-ordered. Those who ordered before or on March 9 are now in. Others will be let in a few at a time according to their pre-order date. The plan is still to allow all pre-orders one or two weeks of game time before game launch and character wipes.

I preordered 4/2 I'm hoping soon ill be in

update: seems people up to the 14th or so are in now. I am one of those who ordered on the 14th and am in. Just don't know what to do in game yet :P running around exploring and trying to craft. You guys aren't missing much yet, though the game is pretty beautiful and it runs smooth as hell on my pc.

I understand now how the preorder is going. Letting people in according to date ordered.

I guess it was my fault, but when looking at the preorder page, it was worded so I thought if I ordered now I would be in with all the other preorders.

So I can see where the OP feels ripped off. Too bad, I have months straight available to play and test so I decided to preorder this and enjoy and help test. Looks like I will have to play eq2 until I get in. Really too bad, as I am an older player who knows how to test and what people are looking for.

Guess my services will go to waste until it is my turn. I know I wouldn't have preordered until everyone was about to be let in mid may and tie up my money if I had understood. My fault.

Was looking forward to a sandbox game that was going to bring me way back to the first days of ultima online. Everything new, no hand holding guides to ruin everything.

terter2000 wrote:
    I understand now how the preorder is going. Letting people in according to date ordered.

I guess it was my fault, but when looking at the preorder page, it was worded so I thought if I ordered now I would be in with all the other preorders.

So I can see where the OP feels ripped off. Too bad, I have months straight available to play and test so I decided to preorder this and enjoy and help test. Looks like I will have to play eq2 until I get in. Really too bad, as I am an older player who knows how to test and what people are looking for.

Guess my services will go to waste until it is my turn. I know I wouldn't have preordered until everyone was about to be let in mid may and tie up my money if I had understood. My fault.

Was looking forward to a sandbox game that was going to bring me way back to the first days of ultima online. Everything new, no hand holding guides to ruin everything.
    You're really laying it on thick here. I think they will be just fine without your game-testing prowess.

How is it laying it on thick saying it wasn't clear till coming to the forums the preorders were going to get in early, but didn't say how far back the que was?

Maybe I went off topic, just saying they wanted players to be in game testing that already made a money commitment. They didn't want a bunch of 12 year olds playing the game for free in an open beta to test and modify the game to that crowd just for them to leave.

I don't see where I said they wouldn't get on without me lmao. However, a good tester that has played these games as much as I have since day one of ultima online and who would take the time to file bug reports is worth more then 100 people just in to play free.

Tie up your money? did you miss some major stock boom with your $29.99?

Why Do I have to sit here defending a simple statement? Is this what the community is about?

Tie up money as in, one it is 40.00 not 29.99. Two I decided 40.00 was good for me to preorder and get in now to help test and play around.

Like I said above if I had known that prorders were being let in currently for people that ordered a month ago I wouldn't have paid ahead. I would have just waited till mid May and ordered then when they were going to let everyone in.

People have different reason for preordering or not, some do so to help fund the game, some do it to get in early. Other don't preorder to play as much as they can free in beta and move on without ever ordering.

My particular reason was to help test the game early while i was bored of the other mmo's. Again, if I had known that prorders were not currently getting in for those of us ordering now, I would have waited.

Just saying on the preorder page it doesnt mention that people are just getting in now that preordered months earlier.