Thread: Posting Photos

Posting Photos

I don't know why this is always such a battle, but I decided to try one more time to post screen shots and now I am getting this;

"Sum of all attachments owned by Willowhawk: 612.2 KB

Current Attachment Total: 612.2 KB
    Maximum Attachment Storage: 976.6 KB"

Yet just below that it says maximum JPG size is 1.91 MB and max PNG is 1,91MB.
    So if max storage is 612.2 KB why is the max JPG and PNG 1.91 MB? That seems to be a contradiction.

I am not uploading photos because they never seem to get approved. I am providing a link to photos on another site. I would think that wouldn't have any size requirements since the photo is on another site but I really don't understand how this works.

I would like to be able to post screen shots on occasions but this site is not very user friendly, so unless someone can enlighten me to what I am doing wrong, or if these are the restrictions to posting screen shots then I won't bother anymore.

Why not just post them to another site and link them?

Normally uploaded photos and files are there for bug reports, and problem issues, not really to just show off random stuff in game.

Tons of sites out there with free hosting of photos.

Keep the photos coming, I'm sure some people like them as much as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    I am not uploading photos because they never seem to get approved. I am providing a link to photos on another site.
    I thought that was clear that I am NOT uploading, I am using an outside photo storage (Photo bucket). It still says my max storage 976.6kbs and that I am over my limit, yet JPG and PNG can be 1.91 MB. So the allowable photo size is larger than the allowable Max size and the real problem is that is won't let me post anything more that 976kbs even though I'm just posting a link to photo bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    I thought that was clear that I am NOT uploading, I am using an outside photo storage (Photo bucket). It still says my max storage 976.6kbs and that I am over my limit, yet JPG and PNG can be 1.91 MB. So the allowable photo size is larger than the allowable Max size and the real problem is that is won't let me post anything more that 976kbs even though I'm just posting a link to photo bucket.
    Hello Willow,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Cna you try again please? we changed some setting.

Thanks

Thanks guide Mihr, I will try again when I get home tonight

6. 09-21-2012, 12:40 PM
    Reason
    Flame Baiting

7. 09-21-2012, 03:19 PM
    Reason
    Flame Baiting

8. 09-22-2012, 04:39 AM
    Reason
    Flame Baiting

9. 09-22-2012, 08:20 AM
    Reason
    Flame Baiting

10. 09-22-2012, 09:26 AM
    Reason
    Flame Baiting

I think Mihr resolved the issue with photos, If this is a further issue please PM one of us and we'll try to further tweak the settings to make posting images easier. I'm going to lock this topic for the time being and thanks for letting us know about the image posting limits and we hope this has resolved that problem.

~Guidehael
    Last edited by GuideHael; 09-22-2012 at 10:40 AM.