Thread: Hello!

Xsyon Citizen

Hello!

I just purchased the game and am looking forward to crafting, building and exploring in this new world. I just wanted to say hello to the current players and let you know that I hope to meet you all in game. I will be playing for the first time tonight and hope to be immersed in all the things I have available to me. I am looking forward to cooking and archery in the future and hope it makes an appearance soon. For now I am looking forward to fishing, logging, and crafting whatever gear I can. Hoping to be able to survive in the wilderness with my own skills and be able to help others eventually. See you all in game!

Welcome to Xsyon Geozen!! Hope to see you in game. Feel free to ask questions here or in game, there are lots of very helpful players. In the mean time here is a link to the new Xsyon Wiki. If you are not sure what stats to choose for your choice of trades you can click on stats and there is a nice chart to help you choose. Good luck!

Xsyon Citizen
    Can you tell me how many skills i can specialize in at character creation? I want to start planning my build for tonight.

You would think that was a simple question, sorry if this is over kill

It's been a very long time since I created a character so I maybe wrong on this, but I believe it is still one specialization per category. I.E. One combat specialization, one crafting, one resource. (I should stop now) However you can lock two skills once you have them maxed in game. So if you get logging to 100 you can lock it, then work on say Fishing until 100 and lock it, and in theory raise a third to 100 by working it up as well. And you can do this with each category. So once you are going you can in theory specialize in may skills.

The trick is (and I'm sure you can see by the stats chart) is that there are associated stats with each skill, and a soft cap on max skills and stats making it tricky to master many skills. As you raise something like Logging your strength and agility will raise, but the skills you use the least can start to drop and so does the associated stats. So I would try and choose a couple skills that compliment each other as much as possible and plan on those being your specialized skills.

Being a tribe leader I have had to be a Jack of all trades at times, so my stats YoYo around all the time . However I keep my main stats up. Like Intellect/Fortitude for Tool crafting and Fortitude/Charm for Bone crafting. Since Fortitude and charm are needed for Bone craft, Masonry is a good second skill since it uses the same stats.

Since you mentioned Logging (str/Agi) you could do Wood crafting (Agi/Spi) and Basketry (Agi/Spi) and most of your stats would compliment the others. Add Axes or Clubs for (strength) for combat and you have a good start.

The more you specialize the faster you will gain,and the less you will lose other stats. So if you plan to solo in the world of Xsyon and if you want to be a master at your trade, you may need to trade for some of the better materials and items you can't make or get yourself. However if you don't care about being the best and just want to enjoy the game, you can do all and everything the game has to offer by yourself.

I hope this helps you get started, and if anyone sees errors in my assessment, please feel free to correct this

Hello and welcome to Xsyon Geozen!

Well Willowhawk explain it pretty good.

About skills at the start you can choose 5 skills that will be at 25 level ingame.

Regards

Xsyon Citizen
    Wow. Thank you for the great reply. That helps me out a lot. I have been reading and it was recommended to start with Toolcrafting so you have an easier start without having to find tools. I also really like your suggestions about Logging and Woodcraft/Basketry. I imagine I will do a bunch of different things at the start, but will try to focus my skills as you have suggested. hope to talk to you in game later tonight.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by GuideMihr View Post
    Hello and welcome to Xsyon Geozen!

Well Willowhawk explain it pretty good.

About skills at the start you can choose 5 skills that will be at 25 level ingame.

Regards
    Thank you!

Xsyon Citizen
    So it was my first night in Xsyon last night and I had a blast! So exciting to see all of these crafts and skills before me to start training. I had a great night meeting Willowhawk and Riverspirit from the Raven Moon tribe. Without these two I can't say I would have had the best new player experience. I spent a good portion of the night fishing and scavenging and had a lot of fun. Can't wait to spend more time in game!

Xsyon Citizen
    Have a good time in Xsyon

For my feeling there are lots of things to experience in the game - from the simple startup (getting somthing to eat, build the first storgage baskets, finding stuff in scavenging and foraging) -
    To setup a sustainable production chain (either alone or with other players) - to roam through the world, visit the green mist, finding deserted places and trading with other players in the game ...

Most fun for me is however not to go to the "trading events" - but really travel to the player seeing his/her camp and trade there. Traveling is full of adventure and wonders - so once you feel you are ready for it you should explore the world, understand how to navigate and visit other players - most like visitors

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by tomduril View Post
    Have a good time in Xsyon

For my feeling there are lots of things to experience in the game - from the simple startup (getting somthing to eat, build the first storgage baskets, finding stuff in scavenging and foraging) -
    To setup a sustainable production chain (either alone or with other players) - to roam through the world, visit the green mist, finding deserted places and trading with other players in the game ...

Most fun for me is however not to go to the "trading events" - but really travel to the player seeing his/her camp and trade there. Traveling is full of adventure and wonders - so once you feel you are ready for it you should explore the world, understand how to navigate and visit other players - most like visitors
    Thank you for your post! That sounds very fun. I am an explorer at heart, but right now I am just too fresh to be able to fend off the nasty creatures lurking in the woods. For now I will continue to harvest and craft. I hope to be able to travel at some point. Maybe catch you in game sometime.