Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    go solo the 400+ hps mobs roaming, you need groups for them :-P

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    go solo the 400+ hps mobs roaming, you need groups for them :-P

I have. You dont need groups.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I have. You dont need groups.
    Few people who have stepped outside their basement in the past 2 years would be able to solo 400+ hp animals, let alone most 250+. It's not realistic for the average player to expect to be able to without the grandfathered advantages garnered by a rare few.

Not that I'm bothered by this as I have an active tribe who like to hunt together.

Just pointing out that most people need groups, and in an MMO thats a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinehit View Post
    Few people who have stepped outside their basement in the past 2 years would be able to solo 400+ hp animals, let alone most 250+. It's not realistic for the average player to expect to be able to without the grandfathered advantages garnered by a rare few.

Not that I'm bothered by this as I have an active tribe who like to hunt together.

Just pointing out that most people need groups, and in an MMO thats a good thing.

I can agree with that most of the current people playing need groups. However, I think you missed the middle part of the thread and what brought it up.

Anyways, I'm glad you guys are having fun. I hope to see more screenshots and maybe even some game play videos.

Keep them coming. Thanks.

I can understand where the OP is coming from. Many games do have very delineated areas based on levels so you know what to expect from the time you spend online. Xsyon is different in that respect, a more fluid and unpredictable environment. It may not be something everyone likes in a game. If your entertainment time is very limited, you may want an experience where you can be more certain you will find what you're looking for.

Reading through this, I'm thinking along the same lines as Azzym though. My first thought about animals running away was "traps" as well as archery. Do injured animals move slower? Would it be very difficult to have movement speed directly correlated to an animal's health? I mean from a programming standpoint.

I'm not a hunter in real life, but I would imagine it often involves stalking (I mean real hunting, not the comfy little hut with a cooler waiting for a deer to walk by). Does the game still have the "cloaking" type skill? I forget what it is called but if an animal's movement was tied to their health, sneaking up for the initial strike would gain value wouldn't it? Might make it a bit more interesting for the solo hunter. Again though, traps, archery and either special moves (don't really see that in keeping with Xsyon though, personally) or more likely the option of multiple hitboxes so swinging at an animal's legs, or head, yields different results.

Agreed on there being fun in the social aspect of group hunting, but in a game like Xsyon, a solo survivalist is such an appealing feature/role.

Of course, this only addresses the PvE aspect. I can't speak to the PvP aspect as I would only enjoy that in a game like this if it was truly a massive, strategic experience. I'm not even certain at all that is something the official designer wants to do. While Xsyon has a PvP component to it, I've never personally considered or understood that to be the primary draw. To each his/her own perception of course, I'm just relaying my understanding. My main interest in Xsyon has always been for the potential it offers in Man(or Woman of course) versus the elements. It just does have such a phenomenal platform for that kind of experience in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Tchetonkwa View Post
    Of course, this only addresses the PvE aspect. I can't speak to the PvP aspect as I would only enjoy that in a game like this if it was truly a massive, strategic experience. I'm not even certain at all that is something the official designer wants to do. While Xsyon has a PvP component to it, I've never personally considered or understood that to be the primary draw. To each his/her own perception of course, I'm just relaying my understanding. My main interest in Xsyon has always been for the potential it offers in Man(or Woman of course) versus the elements. It just does have such a phenomenal platform for that kind of experience in the long run.

I believe his idea of why to have PVP is to make it more of a survival game. Lawless world where players can choose to do as they wish. The alignment system is said to be coming for 2 years now, that would have changed things greatly on how that was handled however, I doubt it will matter with the few people that do pvp in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I believe his idea of why to have PVP is to make it more of a survival game. Lawless world where players can choose to do as they wish. The alignment system is said to be coming for 2 years now, that would have changed things greatly on how that was handled however, I doubt it will matter with the few people that do pvp in this game.
    Yeah, I could see that. The problem always winds up being when what others wish to do involves taking away what I wish to do . That just ain't good for business... evidently.
    Perhaps an alignment system would have put some better limits on that.

Still, little skirmishes where people run in circles trying to swing at each other doesn't really excite me all that much. When I first joined Xsyon, I had imagined it was going to be a rise and rebuilding of civilizations with the large scale wars that ensue. Braveheart type wars no less. That's PvP I could get into. The little tit-for-tat stuff... not so much.

I figured it would take a while to get to that of course. The whole "lawless" thing of individual murderers lurking about hadn't even occurred to me or I never would have bought the game.

I think the large scale war idea was completely wishful thinking on my part though . Not like I was mislead, I just got excited at the prospect of being an individual on a Total War style battlefield, but with the addition of a home life and farm and personal RP backstory added to it. Still like that idea now that I think of it.