Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GuideHael View Post
    Also something to keep in mind is that if you do a combat specific build, you may want to join up with a tribe that has many different crafters, as you'll find that your build is mostly geared for combat and not crafting. You can help your crafters who are doing bonecraft and leatherworking by bringing back those items they need like bones and hides. This doesn't mean you can't work on those crafts but someone who has a build for those will always put out better quality gear and weapons, you still need to work on your crafting as you'll need those points to stick in to hunting, armed, and your weapon of choice that you use.

~Guidehael
    Not sure what game GuideHael is talking about, but Xsyon combat players can craft just fine. You are not limited in a "build" to what you can or cant craft.

Many of the combat stats are some of the best crafting stats.
    Like the 2 crafts he listed "Bonecrafting" and "Leatherworking" (really called Leathercraft) are primary combat stat focus. FOR, and STR are the primary stats for those skills.

Many other skills use combat stats (FOR, STR, AGI) as the primary stats also. Which would be the only thing limiting a combat player from being a crafter.

So just a piece of advice. The best in some crafts are combat stat players. Hunting, armed combat, and weapon skills are not part of the "crafting" skills and thus are not really limiting you as far as that goes, and I already talked about the stats that effect some of the crafts.

What I would do is read up on what crafts (and skills) are effected by which stats. A combat toon is a very very valid build for being a top end crafter. I would even go as far as to say, the best crafters in the game are combat stat type of players/toons.

You can take this advice or not, but its from a player that has PLAYED the game for many hours.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxRomana View Post

But I stand by what I say, this game is not for PVE and PVP players.
    When I play, it is not fun to hunt for 2 to 4 hours and perhaps have two kills, I cannot make money/nails on that, to get better armor or weapons.

I don’t like to craft, I don’t like I have to craft tool, leathercraft or something like that, before my combat skills or HP can get better, I don’t like that part of the game, I like the part I can do PVE and PVP.

So before I will play the game and a lot of players like me, we must be able to be hunter or warrior of some kind, without being forced to work with leather, build buildings, digging holes, just hunting and fighting.
    Yes its very sad that the PVE/PVP is not really working very well in game. To most people that do PVE/PVP the game just isnt fun.

I'm in a tribe that gives me the equipment I need, I still can’t hunt alone.
    I think it's a shame that you have to use the best equipment to hunt the smallest animals, once you have the equipment you will not be able to catch the smallest animals
    Using the best equipment doesnt prevent you from killing or hunting the smallest animals. Its a matter of choice of which gear you wear.
    Animals can be fast, so you might want to wear high AGI gear to be fast also, and lighter gear. I dont wear bone armor for this very reason.

About hunting alone, you can without a doubt hunt alone, you dont need a team to kill animals in this game. Its just much harder as expected.
    Last edited by GuideHael; 10-10-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Have you ever tried to hunt a rabbit in real life with just a knife? They will run away from you.

This isent real life its a game and is meant to be fun and on top of that the small animals are for new people who have no idea what there doing to try and get the hang of things and combat yet the small animals are shooting across the screen when they try and even get close let alone attack it.

Sadly hes right, theres absolutly no room for a fighter/hunter/PvP (alone) role in this game. Theres simply no good way to increase yourself starting with small animals and working your way up, this game is completly lacking in that area for thoose who choose that path.

(The only way I could start taking on somewhat bigger animals than a hamster myself is the fact that I leveled up doing crafting and other non combat stuff and used the points to my combat skills.)

EDIT: Now, my personal belief tho is that this isnt such a big issue and I have no problem if the game doesnt cater to the die hard PvP guys, I love PvP myself, but I didnt looked at or came to this game because I thought the PvP would be amazing.
    Last edited by Silkdawn; 11-06-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silkdawn View Post
    Sadly hes right, theres absolutly no room for a fighter/hunter/PvP (alone) role in this game. Theres simply no good way to increase yourself starting with small animals and working your way up, this game is completly lacking in that area for thoose who choose that path.

(The only way I could start taking on somewhat bigger animals than a hamster myself is the fact that I leveled up doing crafting and other non combat stuff and used the points to my combat skills.)

EDIT: Now, my personal belief tho is that this isnt such a big issue and I have no problem if the game doesnt cater to the die hard PvP guys, I love PvP myself, but I didnt looked at or came to this game because I thought the PvP would be amazing.
    The thing with animals really never seem to settle into a working solution. Before the patches in july/august there were too few animals and none of the mutant ones. Then one morning when I logged on I could easily spot 40+ animals right outside my homestead. In september/october they all migrated away and I had to walk for some 8 zones (along the coast) before I spotted my first hamster some 40m out in the lake.
    I settled down up north where there actually were a few animals, but boy do they run. According to players online there seems to be an abundance of small animals in the extreme zones now - which is odd to say the least. Probably do the mature animals breed out there but the kids don't migrate to low danger areas as they should. Anyway - something is still broken with the AI concerning animals and their behavior. I wish the dev(s) would have settled with the simplest of solutions in this case and just added spawn points for animals and a counter for ea zone.

And as a response to Thorbrand's note regarding hunting a rabbit in real life Well, no I have never done that and I would never be stupid enough to try. Only a game would assume I'm that stupid. In the case I don't have a weapon for ranged hunting like a bow or sling I would simply make a trap. If the human species had started chasing rabbits with flint knives we wouldn't be here playing games today. We wouldn't be here at all. Drawing parallels to real life about things in a game is bound to fail. But as a sidenote. Equipping a knife really makes you run faster - alot faster (just like you do in counter strike). At least it is true if the one equipped with the knife is chasing you.

I'm in a tribe that gives me the equipment I need, I still can’t hunt alone.

I think it's a shame that you have to use the best equipment to hunt the smallest animals, once you have the equipment you will not be able to catch the smallest animals
    I.M.H.O.

This game is not WOW.It isn't equip based

In addition to the armatures, you must Also have the stats of good character.

Xsyon has the best PVE you could ask for in a sandbox.
    The problem is sparsely populated Is that Xsyon.

Darkfall and Mortal, have a pve really ridiculous

Sorry for my english
    Last edited by saresita; 11-11-2012 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by saresita View Post
    I.M.H.O.

This game is not WOW.It isn't equip based

In addition to the armatures, you must Also have the stats of good character.

Xsyon has the best PVE you could ask for in a sandbox.
    The problem is sparsely populated Is that Xsyon.

Darkfall and Mortal, have a pve really ridiculous

Sorry for my english
    I dont see why you think the best sandbox PVE is Xsyon's I would totally disagree and I can point out why. Soon as you start listing why you think its the "best".

I personally like it far more than say Wurms. There was no challenge at a point in wurm when you reached a certain fight skill you could kill anything and with a mount you had nothing to worry about, you did not have a challenge anymore and it was pointless. Xsyon you need a group sometimes on hunts to really take on the wild life that have progressed in to legendary status and a lot have in the high and extreme zones. This to me is better than other mmos where there is no challenge as you progress in skill, armor, and weapons.

I dont see where you need groups to take them out. Maybe YOU do, but most likely you can do almost all of them solo, and maybe a few take 2 players. I can promise you that it doesnt take more than 2 players to kill any mob in the game. This isnt even with ranged weapons in the game yet or a way to heal.

Some animals are in groups and some players, well, most players, might not be as good as you or has played as long as you, DDT. So lack of stats, gear and practice can make it tough on some.
    Nothing wrong with hunting in groups; there's a social perspective in that too.