I seen the post started by another person about how sandbox MMOs dont work, he is wrong. There are many different levels or types of sandbox games out there. And to say all will fail or dont work is like saying all Toyotas will fail because they are Toyotas.

To set the record straight, Mortal online lost most of its population not because the game is boring or people got bored, they left because of bad programming skills and subpar patches that introduced more bugs than they fixed.

Darkfall Online started off as a sandbox loaded with bugs, exploits and errors, but now they are about to release Darkfall2, which is ANOTHER sandbox. Ultima Online the longest running sandbox MMO in modern history is STILL running and is still mildly successful, which is why EA still keeps the servers up.

Eve online which is by far the most popular sandbox game on the market has been running almost 10 years now, CCP is even expanding into the console FPS market with Dust514, and making another MMO based on the popular pen&paper RPG "World of Darkness" which may likely be sandboxish.

Then there is The Repopulation which is due out in the coming months, it too is a sandbox game. Star Wars Galaxies is a sandbox game and still going, not run by SOE though.

Hell one of the BEST sandbox games I ever played was Roma Victor, even though it was buggy, and missing a great deal of features, it was a great sandbox.

As I said there are many different levels of sandbox games, some are simple and quaint like Mount&Blade Warband, others are deep and rich like Ultima Online.

I may no longer play Xsyon, but thats because I dont agree with the price. Its just not worth the 14.99 monthly for it, when many games on the market in the "sandbox" genre are cheaper, or just better. Did I give up on Xsyon, no, before I quit I took everything I knew I would need to start over and anything of great value and stuck it on my character. So IF and WHEN I come back I have all that I need.

And I am not going to be that a55h0le that decides that I will need to say the last thing then say close the thread.