Thread: Stumped

Stumped

Hello Xsyon citizens.

I'm curious if you have had the same problem with Xsyon as I've been having since I first installed it in March 2012, and re-installed in late september. What happens is that it crashes frequently, sometimes even when logging on. I checked my log-files (from the log-directory in the xsyon folder) and the last 30 crashes (from the 6th of sept) I haven't been able to play for longer than 60 minutes before the computer crashes. All the crashes are of the C0000005-type (access violation) and there ends all similarities. Before you advice me to upgrade display drivers and things like that I want to mention that I can run about every other game I get my hands on w/o problems.

I frequently run Guildwars2, WoW, Stalker, Skyrim, XCom: Enemy Unknown, Minecraft, Atlantica Online and neither of these crashes at all or have performance issues.

So if you have had the same situation like me, what did you do to resolve it?

PS I have re-installed Windows, Xsyon, display drivers, turned down graphic settings in xsyon to the lowest AND tested both full-screen and windowed mode.

My computer runs an AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB Ram, Radeon 5770, 32bit Windows 7.

PSS Yes, this is also sent to bugs@notorious.... but I wanted feedback from you as well.

Hi, have you sent your crash logs to support also - that might help them work out the problem. Windowed is generally more stable than full screen, so best to stick with that.

Quote Originally Posted by GuideIsda View Post
    Hi, have you sent your crash logs to support also - that might help them work out the problem. Windowed is generally more stable than full screen, so best to stick with that.
    I sent them 4 bundles of logfiles for the latest crashes. I have re-installed xsyon and didn't have from earlier on. My event-viewer shows all crashes tho so I know for what reason it crashed (C0000005 for xsyon.exe/xsyontest.exe).

I posted it here because I have already been in contact with support regarding this and they couldnt tell me what the problem was since it crashed in various places in the program. My hope was/is that someone else also had these problems and could point me in the right direction.

We will keep looking at it Azzym

Thanks

Just to let others know. The problem is found and is being worked on. Creds to devs for taking time to sift through tons of log files. If the next patch is delayed, you know who to blame. *takes cover*