Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Main server preview?

Hello!

This is basically an "Is this game for me?" post. I recently played on the free trial server and am happy with the game play basics, but I do have some questions regarding how the game plays on the main server:

I played Wurm Online for quite a while. The reason I quit is because of constant encroaching by other players. As soon as I found a nice quite corner to build a home in, someone was trying to bulid highways all around it. I prefer having a solo tribe in the wilderness where I can do my own thing. Can I do that in Xsyon or are people always going to be trying to expand into my territory? What is griefing like in Xsyon? How do moderators handle griefing?

Are there a ton of abandoned buildings/tribes/territories on the main server? In Wurm I had to walk for hours, literally, just to find unclaimed real estate. Where's the best place for a soloer to settle down?

I have no drastic aversion to social gaming, but I do want to be self sufficient. Can I, as a soloer, still experience most of Xsyon's features? I don't mind trading etc. but I don't want some tribal leader telling me what I can or cannot do, especially if I'm paying $15/mo.

Thanks for any advice, and maybe I'll see you soon!

Edit: A few more questions:

What is decay like? If I take a break from playing for a week, what will happen to my buildings, items, tools, etc.? Can people siege my totem or take my stuff while I'm offline?
    Last edited by Hydra; 10-26-2012 at 06:02 AM.