Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Trial server?

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Dead horse is still dead...
    LOL Well said!

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    As we have said it many times.

Splitting small population, low funded, overworked devs time , etc on 2 servers rulesets will would cause issues with BOTH servers and as a whole the game.

Clear?
    How do you know people will split? and what % of population will move to pve server? what two different rullsets that are so different to cause issues?
    Really it's just pvpers imagination, nothing more.
    If you so afraid to split xsyon in to two servers, why not just make this server a pve server and a work around "flag" for pvpers? then see if you have a difference in population increase.
    If that helps to increase population? then make two servers.
    Last edited by znaiika; 11-02-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    How do you know people will split? and what % of population will move to pve server? what two different rullsets that are so different to cause issues?
    Really it's just pvpers imagination, nothing more.
    If you so afraid to split xsyon in to two servers, why not just make this server a pve server and a work around "flag" for pvpers? then see if you have a difference in population increase.
    If that helps to increase population? then make two servers.
    You are surely one hell of a case. You keep bashing your head and throw out arguments which seem to be logical and building to your case, but at the same time show signs of a response system on auto-pilot. The note above is no exception. There are so many flaws in your reasoning above that I hardly know where to start.

"How do you know people will split?": Well, of course the population will be split up in two bases. The whole point of your suggestion is to split people up. Why else would you suggest two servers? Even if the split is like 80/20 both servers would take a loss population-wise. And now a question for you. How many more would join your pure pve-server which starts out with an even smaller population? New players already express their concern about the small population which you want to split up on two servers. No, making two servers is no option at this point. Larger games merge when the population gets low (and now Im talking games that have populations that are vastly larger than Xsyon). It seems that only you would suggest something like splitting a small population into two halves. It's like trying to give first-aid with a chainsaw.

"what two different rullsets that are so different to cause issues?": The rule sets would be very different when it comes to looting, death-penalties, griefing-protection and a number of other things. Speaking of that, on the suggested pve-server. Would you consider full loot to be an option or do we have to make two server for that as well? If we, with your reasoning, are lucky and fair we might end up with several servers suiting everyone's needs. Population on each server (in average) 2,3 players.

"Really it's just pvpers imagination, nothing more.": Generalizing much, are we? Facts please.

Regarding the last paragraph: well, turning the server into a pve or keep it as a pvp is probably the ONLY choice to make. What is certain in the case of Jordi making it a pve-server is that a number of players will quit right away. Im not sure how many, but a handful seems likely. Unfortunately though, it is not certain how many would join if it was a pve-server. The posts on the forum have so far only expressed concern about the price and or price model. Only you (I may be wrong) have repeatedly come back to the same issue, over and over again. Whether this server goes pve or not is all in Jordis hands. Now go to rest Z and set the alarm so you don't miss to make another thread again in a few weeks with your "change this or I won't come back"-topic.

Xsyon Citizen
    Azzym, I never said pure pve server, but pve with options, like option to turn on pvp, whether or not contestants want full loot or partial loot, being able to turn on and off tribal pvp, with optinal full loot or partial loot, full loot means everything can be looted on that tribes land and destroyed, and partial loot means, the winner only can loot some thing and can't destroy anything.
    There are tons of peple who want to play xsyon are now playing a different game.
    We can only see what happens when main owner make this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    Azzym, I never said pure pve server, but pve with options, like option to turn on pvp, whether or not contestants want full loot or partial loot, being able to turn on and off tribal pvp, with optinal full loot or partial loot, full loot means everything can be looted on that tribes land and destroyed, and partial loot means, the winner only can loot some thing and can't destroy anything.
    There are tons of peple who want to play xsyon are now playing a different game.
    We can only see what happens when main owner make this decision.
    Im not going to argue for a pvp server since Im no fan of pvp. My whole point is that I don't want to split up the population in two even smaller parts AND I want the dev team to work on content instead of tweaking rules.

With the current features implemented Im afraid it wouldn't even survive as a pve-server. There need to be much more content in that case. Just to grab a crappy game, like runescape, there is so much to do you could actually play it 24/7 and still not be able to catch up the old players. If questing goes boring you can do mini-games or hunt achievements (or whatever they are called) or you can take a stroll in the pvp-area.

In Xsyon I have seen quite a few new players come and leave and it tend to follow the same pattern, which is something like this:

1) Get enormously excited over all things they can do.
    2) Get a bit frustrated about not being able to do everything they can do due to missing tools and such.
    3) Get too much given to them by us old players and thus taking away the joy of actually accomplish things themselves.
    4) Head out to start their homestead. This leads to them getting killed alot if they walk up the mountains or disapointment in all good places being taken (which is less often these days).
    5) Start some heavy terraforming digging ditches and whatnots.
    6) Realising how much work there is to terraforming which makes them wanna move to a new place instead.
    7) Setup a few structures, and desperately trying to get the bp's they want cuz they are pretty fed up with the posts everyone else got. So after they tried to get a few new cool bp's by inspiration they realise they will have to get 1000's of logs to get just a handful of them.
    8) Accept that they don't have the patterns they need and start out to do other things, like fishing (short experience), tool-crafting, weaponcrafting (short experience unless they get lucky with the club-recipie).
    9) Try hunting...alone and fail miserably.
    10) Try hunting in group - and have some fun.
    11) Ask themselves - what now? They have no realised that there is no market for what they do. Any tribe they join already have 10000's of what they can do of master quality. Big blow to the Ego of any player.
    12) Eventually quit or keep on playing.

For most new players this takes about 3-4 weeks. Some stay longer but most are gone withing that time span. (no, I don't have any hard facts, just lots of inactive friends on my friends list from XM and other tribes).

I realise that the devs are working on things that could change all this alot. Changing focus to things like pvp vs pve at this point is not the way to go. Leave it Z, please. Let the devs work out crafting now to make sure it gets interesting with useful stats. Let's also hope they get item decay up alot so that there always will be a demand for new items. Let us die in game if we don't eat and drink. Let bears and other animals roam our camps for food. Let lightning set fire to our most beloved storehouse. Let the 1000 rations of fish rot. Let the badly prepared cloak your neighbouring leatherworker did for you smell so bad it makes mating impossible. Let rain put out all the fires. Let there be forests of fire. Let there be draught so we can walk on the riverbeds....eh, ok, got ahead of myself there. In short - let the devs work on all those things we in real life call "what the hell?", "Oh no, not again", "typical!!!" and "look over here, such a cute litt.*SNAP*".

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your feedback guys.

same arguing after all these years. Pretty simple, We need more devs, devs need paychecks, Without Money means no devs no new content. We firstly, need a on/off switch for pvp on the current server, leaving the pop together, Secondly, Content, and lots of it, before tinkering with wats already ingame, Time to keep adding more n more n more content, When enough is ingame to keep people pretty occupied for extremly long periods of time, then ya turn around and make adjustments to the systems and get feedback from all. Also id like to point out that only a tiny handful of players use these fourms, So emails will need to go out with surveys to help the devs truly know if everyone likes wats ingame or wat needs tinkered with. To deny what i said denys the games future. Now if you all really want to help Xsyon out, Kickstarter is starting soon, That is your way to help, More funds= more devs and more devs= more content and more content - Happy players. The current devs are working around the clock but with such a small team, its rough for them to get big updates out fast enough and try n makem bug free. So were all gonna need patience, its been said before needs said now, also spread the word about xsyon, get those who used to or hasnt tried xsyon to try it. You all want changes, we can get people to stay longer as it is, you can help people and not handem everything in 1 go. My neighbor bornixz wanted a 10 slot cart, i madem bring me 45 logs for it, He understands that ill makem work for stuff he needs, Thus keeping him busy and i get wat i need for projects. Get creative people and end the arguing it gets nowhere when arguing cant resolve anything.

Who is arguing ? Its been pretty civil so far if you ask me and you cant say stop arguing and this is what you need to do in the same breath.

I still think its a non issue and the devs have much better things to do right now then worry about if some guy wants to run around the game and do whatever he wants 100% safe.If there ha been loads of combat updates to draw in these pvp people there might be an argument/debate here for 2 servers but there hasent been any combat improvements besides one patch that I can think of.

Do a load of combat improvements then start thinking about 2 servers if its that big of an issue otherwise you might as well just forget about a pvp server.But like ive said already its a non issue and there time could be better used elsewhere.

Read the weekly Q and As you will find 99.9% more people asking about combat and pvp updates/content then you will people wanting no pvp at all.Crafting and building has ruled this game over pvp for almost the whole time its been out and has failed to keep players and not because they can get killed and you guys dam well know that.So please tell me how spending loads of time removing one of the huge interesting aspects of the game thats been ignored already the whole time is going to keep people in the game? Its not because the same problems that made all the other people before them leave will still be there.
    Last edited by unclean666; 11-04-2012 at 01:52 AM.

Xsyon Citizen
    Like I've said make current server pve and have optional pvp flag, with that in place I'll be happy to joing xsyon even with this state of development " current subs not an issue ", and when population increase then xsyon should deside to keep pve server with optional pvp or add pvp server.
    It's not me wanting 100% safe it's how I want to deal with anoying people, since there is no punishment for such people.

pvp flag? Why so someone can come by my place pull up the grass right out side my totem area or pave a road in front of my place and theres nothing i can do about it cause he has his flag off? Thats just stupid and if you think pvp people are the only ones who grief and do stupid crap like that then your dead wrong infact I think you would see that kind of stuff increase with a pvp flag because theres no longer a threat from the people there doing it to.Worest idea ive ever heard of.