Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Trial server?

  1. #21
    Jadzia where are you ingame, Man this makes my day seein an old pal is still around! How ya been? Btw your inbox is too full, needs a cleanin :-P Get ahold of me we need to chat!
    The Praetorian Guards

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    Jadzia where are you ingame, Man this makes my day seein an old pal is still around! How ya been? Btw your inbox is too full, needs a cleanin :-P Get ahold of me we need to chat!
    Hi there, fatboy As I said I don't play, but I read the forum daily. And made some space in my inbox :P Good to see you back here !

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Tchetonkwa View Post
    I don't believe the option of a PvE server should be considered much of a threat to those who enjoy a PvP server, and I fail to see why they should find it necessary to oppose it.

    It is understood that to players who seek a PvE playstyle, PvP is not currently a threat. However, one does have to keep the longer term in mind. The game may never again draw a large enough population to make PvP much of an infringement or nuisance to PvE minded players. This is the only scenario in which the "PvP doesn't even happen" argument makes any sense. A defeatist sense of status quo being as good as it will ever get.


    Naturally, as things stand at the very moment, a PvE server would not be as helpful to the growth of the game as the implementation of more fundamental features such as farming, cooking, healing, archery, etc. I'll look forward to revisiting this discussion at such a time when it may bear more relevance.
    As stated by pretty much everyone already. If the game does well, then there isnt an issue with a PVE server once there are 1000s of people playing, and I will also agree with you that once there is a lot of people playing to support 2 servers (not counting a trial server of course) it will help both PVE and PVP server.

    I bolded the main point everyone has already said in this thread already for the people that are "against" the PVE server. Which pretty much you are against the PVE server also.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  4. #24
    What is the difference if Mobs jump you and kill you? Just saying even a PvE server isn't going to be safe.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbrand View Post
    What is the difference if Mobs jump you and kill you? Just saying even a PvE server isn't going to be safe.
    Mobs won't trashtalk, won't spread lies about you, won't come back to kill you again and again just to ruin your day, etc. Basically mobs don't act out of malice That's the main difference for me.

    I think non-PvP players don't want safety...they just don't want to deal with human malice in a game. And even if that can happen in a non-PvP environment as well, it tend to happen much much more in a PvP game.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Mobs won't trashtalk, won't spread lies about you, won't come back to kill you again and again just to ruin your day, etc. Basically mobs don't act out of malice That's the main difference for me.

    I think non-PvP players don't want safety...they just don't want to deal with human malice in a game. And even if that can happen in a non-PvP environment as well, it tend to happen much much more in a PvP game.
    I'd agree with this. Personally, I very much enjoy cooperative gameplay across the board in this genre.

    Even on PvE servers, there is still inevitably inter-personal drama between people, but I find it much easier to avoid getting pulled in as it needn't necessarily affect my enjoyment directly. Personal choice really.

    I also feel compelled to point out I have never seen a proponent of the PvE option argue against the existence of a PvP server... To me, this personifies the difference in philosophy between both camps.

    I understand I will likely be put down for my preference, and that my words will likely be distorted, taken out of context, and used as bait to frustrate me out of the conversation, but once in a great while I like to voice/support an opinion that is shared by many. It's just in our nature to eventually click the little X in the top right corner and go where we needn't be wasting our limited and precious down time.

    Les chiens aboient, la caravane passe.

  7. #27
    Dead horse is still dead...

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Dead horse is still dead...
    Dying horse led to water, still won't drink

  9. #29
    Xsyon Citizen
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    amish paradise PA
    Posts
    504
    I just don't understand what could possibly pve server do to pvp server? that pvpers are so afraid off.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    I just don't understand what could possibly pve server do to pvp server? that pvpers are so afraid off.
    As we have said it many times.

    Splitting small population, low funded, overworked devs time , etc on 2 servers rulesets will would cause issues with BOTH servers and as a whole the game.

    Clear?
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •