Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trial server?

Xsyon Citizen

Trial server?

It's more like poblic test server.
    Why not just make a pve server instead? you'll have more people that way.

I wouldn't mind seeing a pve server as they seem to be more popular than full on pvp. Hopefully they have plans down the road of doing a pve server as they seem to generate more income.

Xsyon Citizen
    PVE server ??, may i ask why as on the live server PVP is minimal.
    And what would it add as there are no missions to do, only hunting.
    And for the hunting most of the game is too hard for newbie or even experienced players.
    In my opinion they made an good solution with the trial server only i would change the reset period.
    Make it longer like 2 or 3 weeks, first get poeple hooked for 2 weeks and then reset , more shure they join up.
    RR tribe already as gained a few members through the trial server

Xsyon Citizen
    @Dzarren.
    There are tons of things to do in pve, like construct, dig, craft, scavange, hunt, etc.etc.etc.
    If the server was pve, without full loot then people would join.
    PvP = warfare, a lot of people don't like to be forced in to pvp, if pvp was optional? that is the different story.
    Warfare is not pve content.
    As for "trial server" even if you have 1 month before reset, still there is no point playing on "trial server".
    Plus, limited skills and no projectile weapons.

Current server is pvp enabled, that alone is THE problem.
    Last edited by znaiika; 10-29-2012 at 06:48 AM.

I have to agree. The premise that there is and could be pvp on main keeps some people away even though pvp is not seen really. A two server option IMO bring in more revenue, the game is updated the same for both but one is strictly no pvp. No separate development other than removing that pvp aspect or just disabiling it.

Two servers with even fewer players? That's how I see what some of you are suggesting. If it's just craft, building and terraformong you want to do, go ahead; tribe areas are safe areas.
    As Dzarren pointed out, there isn't a lot pvp going on really. I think some are making a bigger deal out of it than it is.

I'm thinking more along the lines of looking at this during or after kickstarter. I don't think it is needed right now but if it's a option for the future, people would hang around for a pve only server.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    I'm thinking more along the lines of looking at this during or after kickstarter. I don't think it is needed right now but if it's a option for the future, people would hang around for a pve only server.

I think you also have this option as pushing people away from the game when you make a "pve only" server. People play also for the chance/choice at PVP.

PVP in Xsyon is almost always a choice. There is so little PVP in Xsyon you dont really even know its FFA PVP unless someone tells you.

Splitting servers on such a small niche game is pretty bad idea. Maybe if you had 5000+ people online at once you could start thinking of splitting the servers, but I dont see that happening in the next few years.

Also I expect by the time there is that many people, things will have changed more that PVE/PVP servers isnt going to be needed as there will likely be areas for PVPers to play and areas for PVEers to play.

To the OP. PVP is optional. You are 100% safe from PVP in your tribe area. You are also safe in Founders Isle. Most of Xsyon is played in PVP safe areas. So not sure why you believe its forced on people.

Xsyon Citizen
    @severin.
    What about hunting, fishing, scavanging, exploring?

@DDT.
    If you have one server, which is based on pve, and have an option to turn your self to pvp-on, that whould be a different story, but pvp enabled 24/7 is a bad choice to lure people to play.
    So far population drops since I left, so, why so called "pvpers" don't want to suport this game and don't want pveers to take over?.
    +++ to "the repopulation".
    Last edited by znaiika; 10-29-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    @severin.
    What about hunting, fishing, scavanging, exploring?

You can hunt in your tribe area where its 100% safe, you can fish there, and scavenge there.
    Exploring isnt that part of the reason why people do it is because of it being unsafe? Even still, you could just go naked and not lose anything.
    On top of this, you are very very very very unlikely to find another player that will attack and kill you.

I don't see a reason to add a PVE server because of these reasons. Again maybe if the server was having 1000s of people on it, and PVP was happening. But this surely isnt the case right now at all.

Besides, the game is said to be FFA PVP. You want to change one of the most basic parts of the game. Might as well ask for a server where there is no terraforming because some people think it looks bad.