Want to come back! But?

So there is really nothing wrong with this game and it looks better than it did before. Combat needs work but it isn't game breaking since gameplay is much more than just combat.

Now DF:UW is coming out but they are putting in themepark elements in the game and they have always had features in the game that take away from the sand. Only thing DF has going for it is combat and that isn't really all that different than Xsyon even though people scream it is so much better.

I can't play another themepark ever again and as far as I am concerned the only true MMOs out are Xsyon and DF I need to decide to play one.

I really want to play Xsyon but there is such a low population I don't know if I should. No population means no game anyway. But Salem has so many people playing it but it is pretty much a dumbed down version of Xsyon. I just don't get it.

DF only has population going for it everything else besides combat is better in Xsyon.

I just don't know which game to go with. I want to play only one and play it hard when I am on. Since I have little time for two. What to do?

They need to get some promotion out there on the game so they can get more people and more people means more money for development. If it ever became the game it is intended for it would be beat out AC as the most perfect MMO.

We are currently working on advertising and getting the game placed on more sites.

~Guidehael

Even the trail has been great! I have been on top of this game for a long time. Defended it for quite awhile myself. I know we don't want a million people trying to long on but 10K or so would be great. All the games today are failing and everyone is screaming sandbox. I can say there is no better sand than what Xsyon has in it.

I am probably subbing and going to go with it because it is what MMOs are suppose to be.

[QUOTE=Thorbrand;96361]pretty much a dumbed down versionQUOTE]

I think that speaks for itself.

A large proportion of the current generation of gamers don't seem to want challenge or effort in games. They want instant gratification, social recognition and emotes.

They want to be the best, but don't want to exert any effort to do so.

Xsyon is not an easy game. That's why I like it, but it's also why it will struggle for popularity. I'm hoping it stays that way and keeps the WoW-kiddies looking elsewhere.

[QUOTE=Morphinehit;96415]
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbrand View Post
    pretty much a dumbed down versionQUOTE]

I think that speaks for itself.

A large proportion of the current generation of gamers don't seem to want challenge or effort in games. They want instant gratification, social recognition and emotes.

They want to be the best, but don't want to exert any effort to do so.

Xsyon is not an easy game. That's why I like it, but it's also why it will struggle for popularity. I'm hoping it stays that way and keeps the WoW-kiddies looking elsewhere.
    Well I am not looking for a huge population but 10K or 100K isn't that far fetched for this game. I love the game though because it is a true MMO not like these other games and you have to earn everything like in real life. Fixing the combat though would help a lot.

[QUOTE=Thorbrand;96425]
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinehit View Post

Well I am not looking for a huge population but 10K or 100K isn't that far fetched for this game. I love the game though because it is a true MMO not like these other games and you have to earn everything like in real life. Fixing the combat though would help a lot.
    With 10k players we would suffer from a shortage of resources pretty fast. Grass would soon be depleted, trees constantly cut down (which is a nice thought though). No more open spaces. The only forest to speak of would be the forest of totems everywhere.

It's weird how people "define" and "redefine" games. This is no more MMO than World of Warcraft. In fact, WoW is probably alot more MMO than Xsyon is if you bother to spell out MMO. What you probably meant was that it is a true sandbox game which I would agree on. And I also agree on fixing the combat would make it even more fun