Jadzia wrote:
JCatano wrote:
A big "no" to the EVE system. Boooooo.

State the AFK macroing rules clearly from the beginning. Act swiftly and be harsh. Make sure your GMs are active and all on the same page.

Jadzia... If resources are dynamic and can deplete, which is what the feature list states, you can't effectively macro them.
If there is no ingame mechanic to make macroing impossible or at least hard or pointless, then GMs can only solve a tiny bit of that problem. The problem is that the macroer has to be caught, and what if he is in a well-hidden spot ? Not to mention how much it would cost to hire GMs to catch macroers.

And I don't know how dynamic a mine can be...and it shouldn't deplete fast, should at least last till 1-2 weeks, so that won't help to avoid abusing mining skill.(Just an example)
Yikes... 1-2 weeks? :P How about a random number of successes? Like... 50-200 or something. Hell, I'd probably macro a mine if it lasted 2 weeks.

If you give your GMs tools to travel quickly and see through terrain (hacks), then it's not a waste of money (if paid) or time. Looking for that type of thing should be part of their job. If a company is not prepared to offer the best service possible; don't start.

But... You'll never stop macroing 100% of the time. You can dampen it by GM activity. You can also implement some of the suggestions in here, but many of them punish people who play in a legit manner by restricting their ability to gain.

In the end, macroing will be around in some form no matter what system you use.