Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kickstart

Quote Originally Posted by Koll View Post
    So will the Xsyon Apocalypse be a patch avail to the current players ? Would we have to buy a new game account for it ? Will Xsyon stop all the development-patch on this current version ?
    Yes it will be available to current and new players. This kickstarter project is a way to fund the game to hire more developers in order to take the game to the next level. You will not need a new account.

I like the direction the game is going, a free trial and cheaper is definitely the direction to go here.

As for the kick starter, it had a lot going for it. The video was damn well done, and you have the huge benefit of having a demo out to the public.

However, 250k is a huge goal for a game with a very small community. Indie games such as this rarely get over 100k without big names behind it.

What I would do is to make a second video, detailing what is already in the game, then push the free trial. That's this kick starters greatest strength is the free trail. It shows you are capable of fulfilling promises, and people will see the potential.

Quote Originally Posted by ggnomely View Post
    I like the direction the game is going, a free trial and cheaper is definitely the direction to go here.

As for the kick starter, it had a lot going for it. The video was damn well done, and you have the huge benefit of having a demo out to the public.

However, 250k is a huge goal for a game with a very small community. Indie games such as this rarely get over 100k without big names behind it.

What I would do is to make a second video, detailing what is already in the game, then push the free trial. That's this kick starters greatest strength is the free trail. It shows you are capable of fulfilling promises, and people will see the potential.
    I couldnt agree with you more. So much potential left in this game, but 250k is just not gonna happen. I'm following a couple others on KS and there is no trend to support this goal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargo View Post
    I couldnt agree with you more. So much potential left in this game, but 250k is just not gonna happen. I'm following a couple others on KS and there is no trend to support this goal at all.
    I would call 35k 'Safe', 50k 'Somewhat Safe', 100k 'a strech'. 250k is a rather lofty goal.

i have backed the project quite heavily but i also have a similar feeling. Not sure they can meet that target looking at similiar games that have had recent kickstarters. Maybe Jordi only wanted to do kickstarter if it meant they got a significant funding boost but who knows. Anyway, i wish them luck

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    They had kickstarter two years ago? Kickstarter wasn't around during that time. Two years ago was then and this is now, completely different as this would be considerably more funds if the goal is met.
    Kickstarter started in april 2009 so yes they had it two years ago.

Anyways, would be excited for this kickstarter, but it's not going to happen until the amount gets lowered to something realistic.

Xsyon has never used kickstarter until now, if there is any confusion.

~Guidehael

Quote Originally Posted by GuideHael View Post
    Xsyon has never used kickstarter until now, if there is any confusion.

~Guidehael
    I think you are confused at what he is saying.
    He is saying Kickstarter has been around since 2009. So it was available then just Xsyon didn't use it.

I'm well aware of that, I'm just making a statement that kickstarter has never been used by Notorious games to fund Xsyon in case anyone takes from this topic it has been.

~Guidehael

Kickstart, no Kickstart, personal reasons, tax reasons, whatever. We were told that development on the actual game itself would restart this week. We were told 2 to 3 weeks, and it has been 3 weeks. My support for this game will be conditional on whether this "promise" is kept and we actually see something being done to improve the game in a "visible to the players" way. I've been waiting for months, given excuse after excuse for why the game has not seen any progress on this development round.

Show me something tangible and I may even throw in some Kickstarter funds. Give me another excuse, and I may well just bail on the whole project once and for all.
    Last edited by Drevar; 11-26-2012 at 06:08 AM. Reason: fix typos