Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Kickstart

WOW I'm sure that threatening to leave and not support this project will surely get the development team off their back sides and actually doing something. (sarcasm noted) You clearly do not understand the trials of a small development team. You also have clearly not been paying attention to what has been being done. The kickstart project alone would have been a huge project to put together with very limited resources.

I support what these guys are doing because they DON"T have corporate backing. I support this project because it is NOT the same cookie cutter game that every other developer is making. And mostly I support this game because I have watched game after game of what everyone said were incredible games "With so much potential" yet they ALL failed for lack of support and negative PR toward the projects. Wish, Roma Victor, Irth and others are all examples and it's very sad to see those gone for good.

If you don't want to support this game then don't, that is your choice. But unless you believe the development team is sitting around in the back room drinking beer and playing video games please save your threats because all they do here is undermine the ability of a small team like this to generate revenues, interest and support needed to make a project like this work, which should be obvious from the kick start project.
    Last edited by Willowhawk; 11-26-2012 at 08:59 AM. Reason: typo

This project has my support

I've said this in game and I'll say it again here, the game is not going any where if kickstarter fails. This is a means for development to move further at a faster pace. Some people have been trying to do some fear-mongering by saying the game will fail if it is not funded, this is not the truth. Disinformation/trolling/flame baiting in this topic will be promptly removed, please keep on track to the topic at hand. Kickstarter is a great tool for developers to use in order to fund their projects or push them farther than they could from relying on sales alone as it's a lump sum injection of funds that would otherwise take months if not years for a developer to amass. Successful or not, the game will continue to move forward but with kickstarter it will move at a much faster pace as it opens avenues that can be tapped to get things implemented faster. I think Jordi has laid this out on this forum and on the kickstarter page what he intends to do.

~Guidehael

I think most all agree with you Hael.. Our point is the goal is too high, and this run at it is just a waste of the energy used. The goal needs to be more reasonable or what will happen is 40 days pass. nothing gets funded and then we have to go through this all over or they just fold on the idea totally. NOT THE GAME.. THE IDEA OF KICKSTARTER.

I understand that and I have no control on the amount set but Jordi had his reasons based on what was needed to hire the amount of developers required.

You can block someone by going to their profile and on the left you should be able to ignore them. I did not get a pm from you...

~Guidehael

Quote Originally Posted by GuideHael View Post
    I understand that and I have no control on the amount set but Jordi had his reasons based on what was needed to hire the amount of developers required.

You can block someone by going to their profile and on the left you should be able to ignore them. I did not get a pm from you...

~Guidehael

Has he considered taking over another game that needs a developer?

He has a game that he is currently developing which is Xsyon. I'm not sure what your post is talking about, could you elaborate?

Hi All,

I have been following the Kickstarter initiative since it was put up. Although I wish it to succeed, at it's current momentum it is unlikely to achieve the $250k goal. A couple of observations for this:
    1. Pledge amounts. Normally with these type of programs there is a sweet spot depending on what is being offered. You are offering a number of what I would term "useless items" under the $40 mark and you have 3 items at $10? Typically the sweet spot with gaming pledges is around the $25 mark and this should provide some kind of actual game access i.e. the client, sub fee etc. You should also think about having some pledges at the $1 mark for the bumper sticker
    2. Really bad timing for running the kickstarter campaign. You are running this effectively over the holiday season when most people will have large commitments to buying Christmas gifts.
    3. The "Wall of Text" that describes Xsyon doesn't get to the point to highlight the games core and best features.. I almost fell asleep reading the first 6 paragraphs.
    4. The goal is $250k.. this means you need to be pulling in at least $6.25k a day. You are already 8 days in and only pulled in $5.8k. unless there is a very generous individual out there I don't see how you are going to make your target.

I really love this game and hope the funding works out. Good Luck!
    Last edited by blythega; 11-29-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Blythega we said this day one, and all the posts were deleted. Pretty sure this one, and yours will get deleted also.

Xsyon Citizen
    IMHO, I think Jordi made his decision for basic reason, if he's going to promise something then make sure to deliver his promise, he needs to make sure that he has enough cash and not being stuck in the middle. How many developers are out there promise and then fail to fulfill their promise? for whatever reason.
    As mentioned before, Jordi is not going to abandon his project, but with extra cash the development would be much faster.
    If kickstarter does not meet it's goal, that does not mean Jordi will stop developing Xsyon.