Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kickstart

It could be worse. If you research through KS pages and other game sites they are wanting Xsyon pulled from KS because it has been released for over a year. I think that is ridiculous considering the amount of help that is needed on this game.
    Goal is too high that is a given, maybe after this 40 days passes they will let xsyon back with a more realistic goal.
    Everyone speaking for Jordi is kinda weird. IMHO. Only Jordi knows for sure why he did what and what he will do. Seems pointless, kinda like this post. I'm actually being positive and I know this post wont make the cut already.

http://www.xsyon.com/showthread.php/...ll=1#post96717

Jordi talked about the amount today in his post. Posts that don't flame, troll, or bash the game which are all against the forum ToS won't be touched but any that deliberately do will be removed. So quit worrying about posts being removed, if you follow the ToS they won't.

~Guidehael

Quote Originally Posted by GuideHael View Post
    http://www.xsyon.com/showthread.php/...ll=1#post96717

Jordi talked about the amount today in his post. Posts that don't flame, troll, or bash the game which are all against the forum ToS won't be touched but any that deliberately do will be removed. So quit worrying about posts being removed, if you follow the ToS they won't.

~Guidehael
    I have never read the ToS, so I will have to trust you. lol Looking at the link now. Thanks

The post was a good read thru and it was pretty much what I assumed was the reasoning behind the high goal. It's just a drag to have to ride out yet another storm.
    Last edited by Vargo; 11-30-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Pathfinder Online, Succeeded Last summer, has a 2nd project up to 1 million. I do beleave xsyon is following the rules.Considering path finder online, did not complete its first task to honor the first KS it did, and now it asks for a second one.
    Last edited by GuideHael; 11-30-2012 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Reported post, fixed by editing.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    Pathfinder Online, Succeeded Last summer, has a 2nd project up to 1 million. I do beleave xsyon is following the rules.Considering path finder online, did not complete its first task to honor the first KS it did, and now it asks for a second one, You trolls should REALLY start doing your homework.

For the record, if you meant me, I wasnt trolling I was tryin to point out that things are still going well considering the garbage I have been seeing on other gaming sites. Anyone who even mention our game here gets flamed to hell and back. And frankly this is actually a pretty damn good game, it needs lots of work sure, but I have only found one other game even remotely worth looking at.

Just 1 thread you are looking for can be found over in your wurm forums.. I use this one since I know you are there. Worst gaming community I have ever seen over there for bashing other games. It's like where trolls go to thrive. "Brash" yes but oh so true.

Yea, need to do a new kickstarter, the game is fun but the reward tiers need a lot of work. Take my advise or leave it, I just want to see a great game.

Reward tiers need to start with acknowledgements ($1 get your name mentioned) and the very next tier should be to buy the game, or get so many months free or something. While we'd all like to charge $30-$50 for a copy of a game we make, the reality is, if you want to see money the price has to come down.

Most kickstarters succeed on huge levels because of mass amounts of small transactions. People want the game, not a bumper sticker (who has bumper stickers anymore?) of the game they can't afford. If I was you, I'd shoot high in small areas, charge $10 for the game and see what happens, charge nothing and only do monthly charges and see what happens. Xyson is built on an old marketing idea for mmos which worked (AC,EQ,DAoC, WoW, etc.), but doesn't really anymore. Just look at the new major mmos that come out that charge both for game and monthly, they almost always end up F2P or something similar.

I'm not trying to be a naysayer, I just really want to see this game make it, it's a type of game I've always wanted to see on the market.