Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    not a fan of the f2p model its like a bad corporate std that wont go away

I have been with Xsyon since start and I left due to the fact that there is no population. F2P should provide population and create basis of working economy. With 20 scattered people you cant have anything.

Right now F2P is too limiting, it cant be even seen as demo. Imagine if you had 100 f2p guys providing basic economy but they have to trade with 10 subscribers who are masters at everything and enjoy the role. Multiple by few 1000... This is how f2p should work.

Xsyon needs player base. Only then can Xsyon think about making a profit. It's in everyone's mouth now so use this hype well.

Plague, I agree its too limited, but what do you propose they do to make it less without breaking the game for others?

The whole focus needs to be on adding mechanics to the game, more stuff, more ways of playing this game. And then ppl will come back

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Plague, I agree its too limited, but what do you propose they do to make it less without breaking the game for others?
    Maybe limit it in another way? Instead of it being limited across the board let f2p gather recourses and fish, also combat and hunt but not be able to engage in anything but most simplest architecture and no cart bulding at all. Also tools should be limited to moderate, not higher quality. So this way in order to advance f2p need to engage in active trade with paying customers.

As I said the goal of f2p should not be to have 1000 people roaming around like hobos but should be to provide economy and impression of (somewhat) populated world. I would also allow f2p to drop totems, just so their stuff is safe. But totem mechanics should be also different to paying customers, like dropping a totem every few days only and having smaller patch of land then others. Something in that direction.

Terraforming should also be only for paying customers. That one is to powerful for someone who can just open up an account to grief others. I'm 100% sure that f2p would not mind if they are not allowed to wield a shovel.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Maybe limit it in another way? Instead of it being limited across the board let f2p gather recourses and fish, also combat and hunt but not be able to engage in anything but most simplest architecture and no cart bulding at all. Also tools should be limited to moderate, not higher quality. So this way in order to advance f2p need to engage in active trade with paying customers.
    You will still have the same issues from this just a different way.
    About building, I put forth there should be a place to be able to join a training tribe on founders isle that free/new players can terraform and practice building. Maybe have it wiped every week or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    As I said the goal of f2p should not be to have 1000 people roaming around like hobos but should be to provide economy and impression of (somewhat) populated world. I would also allow f2p to drop totems, just so their stuff is safe. But totem mechanics should be also different to paying customers, like dropping a totem every few days only and having smaller patch of land then others. Something in that direction.

Terraforming should also be only for paying customers. That one is to powerful for someone who can just open up an account to grief others. I'm 100% sure that f2p would not mind if they are not allowed to wield a shovel.

I agree that the hobo problem is there, I think there should be an open tribe on founders where new players are put into at the start of the game, where they can store items safely.
    It could be like a bank, where all members use it, but none can see the other baskets in it. With a limited amount of storage.

A newbie tribe controlled by notorious? This could very well work. The question is would notorious go with it. It would eliminate most of the problems f2ps have now.