Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OMG....please don't! it's a post-apocalyptic mmo game....do you think after the apocalypse there are only butterflies?! please go play minecraft!!!!! give me one good / decent sandbox mmorpg with building, terraforming, full loot pvp and an open world? none? then please let this be one! it wouldn't suit the game theme if this would become a carebear game .

i would go even further and allow / advance to tribal wars and conquering. afterall...its POST-APOCALYPTIC!

just my two cents

Let me see if I got this right ...

Xsyon is an open PvP game.
    You don't like PvP.
    There is the option to play, or not to play.
    You decided to try the third option of playing anyway and then suggest they change the whole system to suit you.
    I suppose your hobbies also include eating at Indian restaurants and then suggesting to the chef that they only serve porridge from now on because you don't like spicy food.

There are plenty of pve games out there. Please leave this one alone.

People that don't read and post amaze me... Have you not read the KickStart proposal for development. As stated before in this thread by Azzym and Fatboy this is already part of the plan for the future of Xsyon. It will be split in to 2 servers a PvP and PvE server and existing players will have the option to migrate to the one of their choosing. Stop going on and on about why it should and should not be PvP optional.... Ugh. The actual text reads:
    "Conquest

Xsyon: Apocalypse will inhabit two separate worlds (servers).

On one server, players will develop a new world in relative peace without PvP combat.

On one server, players will be able to fight over resources, attack cities and conquer tribes with full loot PvP combat.

This will accommodate different play styles and attract both players that enjoy building new worlds and those that enjoy conquering them."

This can be seen via this link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...yon-apocalypse
    if you scroll down to the "Conquest" section.

You know the kickstarter may never happen right?

So people posting ideas on changes could be thinking if they dont have a kickstarter. I dont agree with the op, just saying.

I think a PVE and a PVP server would do nothing bug hurt Xsyon as a whole. Only way to do it if there were 1000s of people playing.

I think they are much better off leaving the servers like they are now, with conquest areas for PVP. Which reasons to be in those areas. Making those areas far away from the current areas.

New lands are already made, just need to open them and have them far away from starting areas. I would even put a gap where 2 or 3 zones are no build zones, then have the conquest areas. Then on the other side of the map, you open new areas with full zones that are no PVP (like founders isle).

Both areas would be heavy with PVE (stronger monsters, more abundant, rapid growth and rapid respawn). With the PVP areas with conquest control points. Like a mine that yields rare resources once an hour (say like 500 supreme gold screws).

Well said DDT. I've liked those ideas for a while now. I think however, some people want PvP completely off, not just new conquest lands.

There is many ways around splitting the server up.

Maybe, MAYBE, make an additional PVE only server, once the population picks up to an extent where doing so won't hurt the main server.

Right now Xsyon lacks a metagame, and in the few other successful sandboxes, the basis of that metagame is usually competition between guilds.
    Last edited by NorCalGooey; 12-29-2012 at 05:01 AM.