Where to begin? How about I start at the end.. Or rather the Beginning of the end of the story.

Chapter 1

Leap Frog

Cut freshly, Wide eyed and gloriously searching. The Sunset was fading along with those blooming prospects of nestled little homesteads that lay just beyond my reach. I was now sitting dust covered and still after having just made the journey from Kings Beach to Martis Peak with all my worldly possesions. My belongings were now clutteerd in mass beneath my newly constructed totem.

Martis peak afforded a splendid view of the valley and waterline below. It gave me a higher purpose than just the usual endless struggle to survive. The air was crisp and clean. With the green mist looming in the distant northwardly mountains and the pastey blue southern horizon effortlessly lofting clouds from east to west like a silent movie. The fall chill in the air danced in wisps upon my neck and served as a reminder of the work that still lay ahead. Just as a distant owl cast a haunting reminder of nightfall the rains came.. Left me there.. Silent alone and reflective.

This place called to me yet pushed me away.. It's cold dark night fell swiftly and cast shadows of the lower zombie infestation. I could hear the empty moans and belching fleshly tones.. Martis Peak, at least for now, was my home.

After having unpacked and sorted my supplies, I took a moment to gather some grass and craft some containers I had been needing. Thankfully my green thumb saw me through the process quickly, Although the quality of my containers left a lot to be desired. The nights progression was slow and wonderous.. I thought to myself, "What would the new day bring?. How would I be able to gather supplies and build a safe homestead?". these questions burned into my thoughts like the evening dew soaked rags I wore. I was, if only for a moment, at peace.

A storm brewed in the north. With it would come a greater understanding of my purpose here. With a little luck I would awake in the morning renewed and strong. Or maybe I would die in the night and end up like those creatures below. Time would tell.. I drifted off to my heavy slumber as the thought of a red rose flashed lightly in my mind. Stangely I could smell it.. I could feel its tender pedals.

In an instance it faded to black.. As did I..

Goodnight.

To be continued......