Thread: Resources

Resources

First, resources are not scavenged items. They are things like granite and scrap metal that are found on different terrain types and are free for the taking. Presumably these are the building materials.

At present you can load up to 4 resources of the same type on your back but with a penalty of slower movement. I was able to load 3 resources with no slow down however. Below is a picture of my character with 4 scrap metal resources on his back.

Yes, he has a dagger in his hand as that is the noob armed weapon for the blades specialty. Others are clubs and axes.

Re:Resources

Nice post. You should do more of these. B)

Re: Resources

Personally I have called things like Limestone and Scrap Metal Primary Resources, and things like Nails and Cotton Scraps Secondary Resources.

Things that can't be found from the Primary Resources, but can be made (for example Freel Longhorn Belt) are simply Craft Skills...

But I use these names as the game itself hasn't given an official answer to what they should be called yet.

Basically I’d have an expectation (and the hopes) that those resources define as “Secondary Resources” will turn out to be craftable items as well. Making them more or less semi-finished products.

If this is true or not will have a significant influence on how Xsyon economy develops, I think.

What can you tell us about skins / fur / pelts from animals as resources?

I use resources and components in my classification. just not always clear what goes where

Laquila112 wrote:
    Basically I’d have an expectation (and the hopes) that those resources define as “Secondary Resources” will turn out to be craftable items as well. Making them more or less semi-finished products.

If this is true or not will have a significant influence on how Xsyon economy develops, I think.
    Right now the "secondary resources" are the scavenged items and they all are components for crafting (according to Jordi) although not all seem useful at the moment in the low level crafting skills that the pre-orders have. Much has yet to learned in that area.

I also expect that as the same progresses the scavenged items will become less and we will have to do more in the way of basic industry and mining. Although with gods and magic coming into the game the "technology" may be different in this new alternate reality.

tredo wrote:
    What can you tell us about skins / fur / pelts from animals as resources?
    No animals are in game yet although leather scraps are a salvageable item. Leather working is a starter craft profession meaning your skill stats related to that are boosted relative to other crafts) although I don't know much about that yet.

Great thread Oakstead.

Keep making threads like this and Ill preorder soon.