Questions For The Developers 12/19/2012 - 01/12/2013

Please post your Questions For The Developer here.

Please do not post questions regarding estimated release dates for features or changes. Our In Development schedule is posted here and will change as our plans changes. Features will be released when they are ready.

Sarcastic or derogatory comments veiled as questions will not be answered.
    Last edited by Xsyon; 03-06-2013 at 07:46 PM.

What effect, if any, does food and water meter have on anything?
    I've heard many different things including energy use per action, energy recovery, skill gain rate, and exp gain rate.
    There are several people who say that food and water have no effect whatsoever, and if it does, it is so little that it makes the effort put into carrying food/water with you as you travel pointless (added weight < benefit of higher food and water meter).
    I would like this cleared up so the players don't have to argue and speculate as to the possible usefulness/uselessness of nutrition.

How are scavenged resources distributed in a general sense?
    I'm finding that as long as I stay in 1 spot, or travel along 1 pre-set path/line, I tend to get the exact same items.
    Not (for example) 'plastic things in general' but like, '5 Long Plastic Poles' almost every single time when I stay in a small area.
    I know that resources are distributed by larger zones, so that 1 very large area may have a much better chance of finding rivets but a lower chance of finding screws, or vice versa, but being able to grab almost the exact same stuff in small areas makes no sense.
    I've had several people tell me they get similar items if they stay in small areas/paths on a particular junkpile, so I know its not just me.